Total Time
>12K
Which gear leg would you like?

TransMach

User546

The Ultimate Show Stopper
Total Time
+1500
I saw the gear pin on the Concorde at Dulles yesterday.

Too bad I didn't get a pic!

Total Time
A (steering) bypass pin for boeing 73s and 75s looks like the same pin you put on the weights in the gym.

Last edited:

flyboyzz1

Total Time
#
I just need a picture for class. Also, by the time the capt and fo get to the plane is the pin still in place or is it gone? When does it get pulled?

siucavflight

Back from the forsaken
Total Time
flyboyzz1 said:
I just need a picture for class. Also, by the time the capt and fo get to the plane is the pin still in place or is it gone? When does it get pulled?
It get pulled sometime after shutdown, and sometime before start up.

Wasted

u can do it too w kandoo
Total Time
You can tell your class that we don't put gear pins in our plane.

pilotmiketx

Registerd User
Total Time
oodles
a. not all jets require the gear to be pinned for towing
b. if it does, leaving them out w/ park brake set is a good way to keep a good parking spot at the FBO (also guaranteed to get a phone call at the hotel, but they still can't move it)
c. after landing the gear is pinned either by the co-pilot or line guys, but only if you give them leftover catering and beer from the plane.
d. the pins are removed during preflight by either the co-pilot or line guys, but only if you give them leftover catering and beer from the plane.
e. the captain is not to remove gear pins as it requires bending over and that is clearly a co-pilot duty.
f. if you want a teaching aid, buy a weight pin from Oshmans and attach "Remove Before Flight" keychain from pilot shop. :)