Gatwick to Heathrow?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
garf12

Although London is the biggest city in Europe, it's not big enough to warrant intra-city airlinks. Ask yourself if you there are regular airlinks between LGA, EWR and JFK .... so actually, mate, it was a pretty daft question ;)

KC10

LGW to STN is a different beast. I am not aware of any direct bus service between the two airports, but I'm sure a google on the intraweb could answer that for you. Barring that, I'd suspect the cheapest option is probably by train to major train station in central London (Kings X/Vicky/Paddy) and a bus service from there. Easiest option would be a taxi, but you'd be looking at a very expensive fare; LGW is to South of London and STN roughly 60 miles to the North. Might actually be cheaper to rent a car than take a taxi!

Lgw - Stn

We took the Stansted Express from Liverpool St station back in May, I think it was 14 pounds per adult for one way. We were in a hotel at Paddington station, so just took the tube over to connect.

You could take the train from LGW to Liverpool St station and then hook up there. The express costs a bit more, but it is really quick not having to stop at all of the intermediate stations. Also they leave every 15 minutes during the business day. Trip takes about 45 mins.

www.stanstedexpress.com

We really liked the Stansted airport. If you are flying Ryanair, check in early for boarding priority. Kind of like the SW system with a Euro twist.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back