Gary Kelly on CNBC right now....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
C'mon Gary.....

That's a hell of a claim to make about the "most business passengers!" Please do tell us how he got THAT idea....

What a load.....Sounds good for Wall Street (Sorry Wave, he's starting to answer to the REAL Masters) but does he really think a business guy on AMR is going to say, "ya know...I'm gonna fly SWA, what was I thinking!"

C'mon Gary.....

That's a hell of a claim to make about the "most business passengers!" Please do tell us how he got THAT idea....

What a load.....Sounds good for Wall Street (Sorry Wave, he's starting to answer to the REAL Masters) but does he really think a business guy on AMR is going to say, "ya know...I'm gonna fly SWA, what was I thinking!"

actually you would be surprised...

Seriously? I mean c'mon.....how do you measure it? Instead of the usual FlipFlops and Wifebeater Crowd, if the guy is wearing a suit, does he count?

How do you measure it?? Corp. Contracts? Or if the guy has a dime bag in his duffel he's trying to move, doe's HE count??

Well, SWA probably does transport the most "business women" from the LA area to LAS to be "friends" to high rollers each weekend, right? Not exactly sure about that, but I suppose GK would include that group in there too....

Bye Bye----General Lee

Last edited:
What Gary said was more along the lines of SWA carries the most passengers domestically in the US and by extension probably carries the most business pax....

C'mon Gary.....

After being crammed into an RJ for several hours and being gouged for bags on top of his premium ticket a business guy might just say that. As a SWA pilot I hope he does.

Seriously? I mean c'mon.....how do you measure it? Instead of the usual FlipFlops and Wifebeater Crowd, if the guy is wearing a suit, does he count?

How do you measure it?? Corp. Contracts? Or if the guy has a dime bag in his duffel he's trying to move, doe's HE count??
Normally measured in the percentage of premium or full fare tickets. As a former fractional pilot and frequent flyer on almost every carrier I call BS on the flip flop and wife beater comment. With ticket prices where they are there are lots of that on all carriers. Unreal we've moved from my airline is better than your airline to my pax are better than your pax.

C'mon guys...you're smarter than that. The "flip-flop and wifebeater crowd" will ride on whoever offers the best price for them. That can include any airline out there. Don't go acting holier-than-thou.

Are you saying that if it was up to you, you wouldn't take that person's cash as they buy a ticket on your airline? Really ?

Lets not forget that the person who made headlines for defecating on the beverage/food cart was on....what...a legacy or an LCC ? Was he in First class or coach ? Was he wearing "Flip flops and a wifebeater" or was he wearing a suit ?

Throttle back SWA types....

Take my FlipFlop comment as painting the extremes.....I never knew how sensitive you were about those folks.....

Is it walkup fares that are measured? I think corp. contracts AND walkups should be measured and I doubt SWA is the leader in both. Just sayin'

What Gary said was more along the lines of SWA carries the most passengers domestically in the US and by extension probably carries the most business pax....

Seriously?

So I guess you guys carry the most women who survived Breast Cancer and the most Native American Tribal council leaders and the list goes on and on using that rationale......

Your fee-free claims of stealing passengers from other airlines is spot-on but the business traveler claims are BS.

Latest resources

Back