• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Garmin 1000 pic. Beautiful

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am going to ferry some new 182s and 172s to Europe, once JAR approves the Garmin 1000 system in those planes. Its been an ongoing thing for 4 months, with people having bought and paid for those planes, but cessna cant release them until everything is certified in europe.

Just got back home from ferrying a new warrior across the pond. Mine wasnt equipped as good as some of the others are. The archer that also made the trip, had glass avidyne system with autopilot, etc. I just had single nav/comm/gps (430), no autopilot. Wasnt too bad, although hand flying a warrior for 13 hours from st johns to iceland was an experience.

mtrv said:
I'd suppose these panels permit even MORE time to look out the window. In fact I don't suppose, I know from experience.

I've actually found that my eyes are usually inside instead of outside (I'm working on that one)

We also have 2 G-1000's here in FSD, a 182 and a 172. The "newer" 172 has the capability for 2 RMI needles within the HSI, while the "older" 182 does not (HSI only). I heard that with the new software upgrade, it will install the RMI needles onto the HSI. This is real nice, since a person must flip (manually) between NAV 1 &2 and GPS to get a cross radial fix. Also, when flipping the OBS, you lose the autopilot too. Of course, the RMI's eliminate that little bug.

Latest resources

Back