• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

GA moron during Allegiant emergency

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is anybody else having trouble getting the whole download? Mine cuts off at "Allegiant 758, Sanford Tower..." Anybody got any ideas? I want to be offended and issue threats like everybody else!

Is anybody else having trouble getting the whole download? Mine cuts off at "Allegiant 758, Sanford Tower..." Anybody got any ideas? I want to be offended and issue threats like everybody else!

Try right click and "Save As"

Hmmmm He was told to stay OUT of class C airspace and he entered class C anyway. Just violate him. :p

If I were those controllers, he would never be allowed in my airspace again. See how much that will cost him.

Ever had an emergency before? There is so much CYA to do by both the controller and the pilots that its elbows-and-alligators until you're on the ground. No time to explaining yourself to some GA prick.

Yet another reason why I support user fees for GA.

Did any of you catch the part when the MD80 checked on at a 10 mile final and report 3000 lbs of fuel on board!

That's a bit lean in the event he needed to go around and try it again, don't you think?

Last edited:
Did any of you catch the part when the MD80 checked on at a 10 mile final and report 3000 lbs of fuel on board!

That's a bit lean in the event he needed to go around and try it again, don't you think?
Probably did that on purpose to reduce the severity of a fire.

I'm betting they were just right for the situation. Burned off quite a bit, but i would bet they knew they had enough to make at least one go around and try it again if they had to. I mean heck, these things will fly until it reads zero right.

That's a whole lotta fuel...if you're flying a King Air.

Latest resources

Back