GA moron during Allegiant emergency

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unbelieveable...

I am a lowly 600-hr and change private-ME so maybe that doesn't give me much standing to comment here. That said, if I was representing this joker in his coming violation case I would probably tell him that it's time to cough up some cash, but my job here is basically to help you keep your certificate - just yours, personally, not the seaplane deal - because if I was the FAA I might rightly want to make an example of you for others to think about.

Then the conversation might go something like this: "Dude, what were you thinking??? WTF? There's a no-s*** emergency going on and you're griping about flying about what? MAX 10 or 15 miles extra when a plane full of people - probably between 100 to 140 - is going to enjoy the unique benefits of a nose gear-up landing?" Answer: "Ahhhh...yeah." Response: "Here's your money back, you're fired as my client."

I agree with previous comments - this joker should get pounded, but good, for his antics. I also agree that ATC should be credited for patiently dealing with this guy in the midst of an emergency instead of getting aggravated, although they were definitely not happy at the end of the mp3. They're not always perfect, but when this stuff happens they seem to usually do quite well.

Last edited:
I am a lowly 600-hr and change private-ME so maybe that doesn't give me much standing to comment here. That said, if I was representing this joker in his coming violation case I would probably tell him that it's time to cough up some cash, but my job here is basically to help you keep your certificate - just yours, personally, not the seaplane deal - because if I was the FAA I might rightly want to make an example of you for others to think about.

Then the conversation might go something like this: "Dude, what were you thinking??? WTF? There's a no-s*** emergency going on and you're griping about flying about what? MAX 10 or 15 miles extra when a plane full of people - probably between 100 to 140 - is going to enjoy the unique benefits of a nose gear-up landing?" Answer: "Ahhhh...yeah." Response: "Here's your money back, you're fired as my client."

I agree with previous comments - this joker should get pounded, but good, for his antics. I also agree that ATC should be credited for patiently dealing with this guy in the midst of an emergency instead of getting aggravated, although they were definitely not happy at the end of the mp3. They're not always perfect, but when this stuff happens they seem to usually do quite well.

He11 no...you take this guy for all he's worth, then leave him penniless as the FAA takes away his certificate. Thats what he deserves after all. I can't even imagine the other situations he's perpetrated upon the aviation world if he takes this action during an emergency.

Another "expert" who flatters himself into thinking he understands anything and who has no business holding a certificate.

He sounds more like a bitter old guy with a miserable life looking to find reasons to vent on people. He seemed like the type who likes to make everyones life a living hell becuase he is so dissatisfied with his.

He sounds more like a bitter old guy with a miserable life looking to find reasons to vent on people. He seemed like the type who likes to make everyones life a living hell becuase he is so dissatisfied with his.

DING DING DING!!!

WE HAVE A WINNER!
Show him what he's won Rod...

the other board

I read the same thing and did a search for seaplane message board, and the Seaplane Pilots Association message board came up. They were giving it to him pretty good there.
WHAT A TOOL!!!!!!In a post 9/11 world I can't understand why this idiot would argue with a controller about staying clear of airspace especially for an emergency in progress??? And not just argue, but whine like a stuck pig?? That joker threw a tantrum better than my 6 year old niece when it's time to put her toys away.......:crying:

For some reason I can't get the whole mp3. Maybe I need to upgrade to Windows 98.

At first I was wondering what everybody was giving him so much $hit about until the end of the tape. What an A$$HOLE!!!!!!

The lake he was over south and east of SFB is WELL inside the class D airspace. Of course he was told to stay clear of the airspace and complained about an unreasonable 5 mile vector. He is a local guy there and most likely a thorn in the side of the SFB local controllers. there is another lake north of the airport that is in the airspace also, it gets alot of amphib activity as well.
Kudos to the controller.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back