Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gimmie one, I wanna new plane boss!

Well thank you ultrarunner

Got out of the sim unscratched again, and talked to some test pilots at Gulfstream. They are strongly under the impression this G650 will fly very soon.
So all those who wrote those letters of intent better position some money to make their first payment according to the sales agreement.

Stay tuned :)

BTW the EVS worked in the sim perfectly ....

Like I said on another thread, the airplane will fly by the end of the year, will certify early and on-budget, will beat initial performance guarantees, and will win the Collier Trophy in 2011 or 2012.

Like I said on another thread, the airplane will fly by the end of the year, will certify early and on-budget, will beat initial performance guarantees, and will win the Collier Trophy in 2011 or 2012.

Any word if NJA/NJI has ordered a few? How will the current economic situation (and new boss) impact potential Netjets orders? You could guess that intuitively it won't happen because of the sour economic situation but fractional flying seems to be a good model for this type of expensive airplane that can be shared by many... You never know.

Reportedly, we don't have any orders in place for 650's but I think the operative word is "yet." It will take a couple of years but if there is demand for them from our customers, I'm sure somebody will figure out a way to get a few production spots.

Just read an article that said 200 have been sold. Next available delivery was 2016. I know I'm pulling at straws, but can anyone share who's getting one?

Just read an article that said 200 have been sold. Next available delivery was 2016. I know I'm pulling at straws, but can anyone share who's getting one?

Assuming those people are upgrading from G5s and Globals there will be a flood of big iron on the market. It will be interesting to see what the value of those planes will fall to. Assuming the 650 is 60+ million and taking a 15 million dollar bath on the trade in, that becomes a very expensive transaction. I would think it might be difficult to justify.

WAY difficult Timmay. And for publicly held outfits, you need BOD approval for transactions like this.

I would not expect to see any 650's go to outfits and are not have really good results. But even still, think about it....

Can you imagine a CEO sitting in back of a Global/G550, both of which can fly 6100/6700 nm, telling the BOD that the company can really be MUCH more competitive if you buy me the G650 that goes 7000 nm. What a crock.

But it'll happen.

200 sold?, as in paid for?.....says who, Gulfstream?....

Anyone priced a brand new G550 lately?

Does it already have 100% dispatch reliability?

200 sold?, as in paid for?.....says who, Gulfstream?....

Anyone priced a brand new G550 lately?

Does it already have 100% dispatch reliability?

Yeah a letter of intent and a 1 or 2 million dollar deposit is much different than taking delivery. I had heard that used 550's were going as low as the mid 20's a few months back, but I don't know for sure. When my boss was looking at a Global last year there was a 2002 for sale and they were asking 45 mil, best move he never made.

Latest resources

Back