• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

G650

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The performance numbers on this airplane are just SICK. 2012 Collier Trophy winner. Guaranteed.

I was departing HXD around that time and the controller pointed out 2 Gulfstream at my 10 and about 2 miles. Thought it was neat to see them both in formation but did not think much else of it. After they were handed of to SAV twr the controller came back and told me that I had just witnessed the 650's maiden flight. Thought that was pretty cool.

The performance numbers on this airplane are just SICK. 2012 Collier Trophy winner. Guaranteed.

What other aircraft is supposed to be certified in 2012? It may be a win by default.

What other aircraft is supposed to be certified in 2012? It may be a win by default.

The 787? Maybe? :rolleyes: Or the Hawker 4000. Naw, guess they finally got it.

And as I understand it, the trophy is for the greatest technological advance in aviation for that year. Not just new airframes.

Last edited:
Yes...the "Commercial Aviation Safety Team" won it last year, and "ADS-B" the year before.

woo-hoo!!!

The 787? Maybe? :rolleyes: Or the Hawker 4000. Naw, guess they finally got it.

And as I understand it, the trophy is for the greatest technological advance in aviation for that year. Not just new airframes.

I would think an all-composite aircraft (787, LR85, Legacy 500) would certainly qualify as the greatest technological advance in aviation.

Latest resources

Back