• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

G650

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, LOI's are relatively cheap. There are 20 or so 550's on the market. I would think 25 to 35 mil for a 550 no sweat in this market.

I bet a few will go and bake on the ramp in Dubai. When they get tried of trashing the interior anfading the exterior they'll get new ones.

The airplane won't even certify until the end of 2011 with deliveries in 2012. If things are still this bad in 2012, we have bigger things to worry about than whether Gulfstream is selling jets and for how much. Like people in the streets with pitchforks and torches.

There WILL be jobs on Gulfstreams out there. Just think "expat". Maybe a trickle here in the U.S.

TC

Unemployment above 10%, no jobs in our industry...no jobs anywhere for that matter. No offense Sarge, but what do you call normal?:beer:

First, there are many people still working. Second, employment numbers are a lagging indicator. It is getting better, it may not get to the inflated levels we were at before the crisis, but the numbers will show improvement.

If the airplane (G650) flies before year's end, the LOI must be met with a Non Refundable USD 10 Mil deposit of the 200 LOI's. Gulfstream's parent GD, will for sure want to have that money before Dec. 31st. So I'll bet ya they work like crazy to get that testbed a/c in the air before the end of the year.
200 LOI Owners will be frantically wiring money to Savannah.
If on the other hand Gulfstream can't make the 31st deadline, the 200 Owners of LOI are looking at getting better prices, penalty payout and new slot allocation from the production floor.

See what Christmas will bring ....

First, there are many people still working. Second, employment numbers are a lagging indicator. It is getting better, it may not get to the inflated levels we were at before the crisis, but the numbers will show improvement.

Actually, most indicators, including Blue Book, show airplane prices continuing to fall through early 2010 at very least. Many airframes down over 50% from 24 months ago.

The possibility of financial collapse may have passed (or was never there IMO) but corporate aviation is still deep in the tank, and not improving.....Yet. The only winners are buyers with nothing to sell. I dont think we will ever see levels of a few years back.

I will say that unemployment seems more area specific. I dont know any corp pilots in my area currently unemployed. Even ones who have lost their jobs have found something within a month or two.

And thats good...

Latest resources

Back