Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AA717driver said:
It probably looked like a David Lee Roth video in there, too... :( ;) TC

Were the girls the same ones from the original videos. Haha, all of them smoking 100s and the hair everywhere. Where is this conference your are attending 501?
Hey TC, I was in Savannah last week. Got out of there before the Saint Patty's day parade. Ever eat at the Pink House. Corner of Bryan and Abercorne. We ate downstairs in the Pub area, it was great.
TXGold

501261 said:
Ya right:beer: . Just like any conference, some of the speakers are better than others, some of the subject matter is more interesting than others. For a few hours there, I was wishing I at a recurrent performance class:crying: , the subject matter was shall we say 'tedious'.

It was probably not a good idea to have a discussion on ETP's and O2 plotting after lunch, the day after Colt International had their hospitality suite open till 4:30AM;) .

On a positive note though, I won a nice leather jacket:D. And let me say that I think Landmark Aviation is a great;) .

It's always nice catching up with some old friends, and meeting some new ones, this really is a small industry.

The fatigue discussion after lunch was my personal favorite!:crying: You should have been down at the bar Wednesday night. The shots were flowing a little too fast!

By the way, I went 0-54 on door prizes:(

We now return to our 02 discussion... (sorry G100;))

Regarding fatigue, what was the discussion.

I have a friend who is a new CP in flight department that is used to flying 2 pilots EVERYWHERE regardless of duty day. He is trying to set a standard that takes duty day and circadian rythems into account.

2000flyer said:
By the way, I went 0-54 on door prizes:(
See you should have sat in our row! 3 of the 6 people sitting in our row won;) .

I have to tell you this story though.........the funniest thing I saw, was airlining home. I arrived at the airport with plenty of time to kill, so it didn't bother me. But I got in the TSA security line behind Mr. Metal-hard rocker, I'm still laughing my a$$ off at it. Anyway this guy had piercing's EVERYWHERE:D . To add to it, he wasn't too smart (imagine that), and for some reason he couldn't comprehend that all those piercing's set off the metal detector:laugh: . Even TSA was laughing at it, "Looks like 'SPARKY' forgot that one":D !

g100driver said:
Regarding fatigue, what was the discussion.

I have a friend who is a new CP in flight department that is used to flying 2 pilots EVERYWHERE regardless of duty day. He is trying to set a standard that takes duty day and circadian rythems into account.
Unfortunately under 91, there really aren't any rules, some companies try to use the best practices and procedures by following the Flight Safety Foundation guidelines http://www.flightsafety.org/members/serveme.cfm?path=fsd/fsd_feb97.pdf, and some, well you know:rolleyes: . It really depends on how your friend wants his department characterized, as someone who follows best practices and procedures or as a "cowboy".

501261 said:
Unfortunately under 91, there really aren't any rules, some companies try to use the best practices and procedures by following the Flight Safety Foundation guidelines http://www.flightsafety.org/members/serveme.cfm?path=fsd/fsd_feb97.pdf, and some, well you know:rolleyes: . It really depends on how your friend wants his department characterized, as someone who follows best practices and procedures or as a "cowboy".

That is just it. The old CP was a cowboy or a pu$$y (depending on how you look at it) who was affraid to provided leadership out of fear. The new CP wants to put together a proposal based on such stuff as the flightsafety foundation ect.

Thanks for the link. :beer:

They did an informal survey with about 120 responses and there were a few who had no duty time limitations nor did they augment crews. Pretty surprising if you ask me. I believe the NBAA website will have the results shortly when the numbers are compiled.

501261...I got stopped on my way out of town because I forgot I had my mini-swiss army knive with me (yeah, I do look like McGyver...I know ;) ) On my way out of TPA, they stopped me for having, e-GADS!, a 1.5" knive blade on a fingernail file. Needless to say it's in the garbage dumpster in TPA now (or TSA's pocket). I asked they guy why I was allowed to bring it out on the first leg and his reply was "we're better at catching this stuff than they are!" However, he did tell me I was more than welcome to bring up to a 7" screw driver in my suitcase. Where's the sanity?????:erm:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back