G500 Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

G100driver

Does the G-550 hold enough O2 for one pilot to be on it while cruising above FL410. Is there a seperate bottle for crew for this?

When using it does it interfer with your ETP's for long over water flights like LAX-New Zeland?

Thanks.

Last edited:
G100driver said:
Does the G-550 hold enough O2 for one pilot to be on it while cruising above FL410. Is there a seperate bottle for crew for this?

When using it does it interfer with your ETP's for long over water flights like LAX-New Zeland?

Thanks.
The G-V has 2 bottles, a crew bottle and a PAX bottle... Both are 115 cu. ft, 1,850 psi bottles...

O2

I would imagine that at that moment you are on normal mode on the O2 and are not pulling very much actual O2. If there is an emer. you would have to switch the setting to Emer.

I was under the impression that above FL350 you are on 100% O2. Sorry I can't answer your question, but I would like to ask one myself. Do the Flight Planning services alter ETPs and wetfoot prints based on PAX on board, or is this solely based on descending to 150 or 100 and the added fuel burn?

The ETP's are figured so as to get down to an altitude that you don't need O2 and cruise at that altitude to your Rim Alternate.

"Normally" O2 isn't an issue.TC

O2

With a diluter-demand sys. you should not be using any O2 at "normal" cabin atl.
Choppy said:
I would imagine that at that moment you are on normal mode on the O2 and are not pulling very much actual O2. If there is an emer. you would have to switch the setting to Emer.

These O2 questions can actually get a lot more in depth, as it took up the last two tedious hours of today's IOC conference, and we barely scratched the surface.

The "worst" ETP legs wouldn't be LAX-New Zealand, as there are plenty of divert fields as you go further along, but instead would be a long overland flight, followed by a long overwater flight (i.e. HPN-HNL).

501261--Is your avatar a pic of you at the IOC? ;) I'm sure it's not as much fun as I'm having at FSI SAV... :rolleyes: TC

AA717driver said:
501261--Is your avatar a pic of you at the IOC? ;)
Ya right:beer: . Just like any conference, some of the speakers are better than others, some of the subject matter is more interesting than others. For a few hours there, I was wishing I at a recurrent performance class:crying: , the subject matter was shall we say 'tedious'.

It was probably not a good idea to have a discussion on ETP's and O2 plotting after lunch, the day after Colt International had their hospitality suite open till 4:30AM;) .

On a positive note though, I won a nice leather jacket:D. And let me say that I think Landmark Aviation is a great;) .

It's always nice catching up with some old friends, and meeting some new ones, this really is a small industry.

501261 said:
the day after Colt International had their hospitality suite open till 4:30AM;) .

It probably looked like a David Lee Roth video in there, too... :( ;) TC

Latest resources

Back