• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

G5 school

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
it turns out it is a scheduling conflict with FSI I got into the G5 school and when that is done I am doing a 450 difference class and then doing a 450 recurrent. Not they way wanted to do it but not my choice.

Study

Just did G-5 initial there and FYI Its a good program but you will need to do a little more studying than usual there.They are a little more lax there. Because I came from a 4 it was no big deal but if you have no G experience ask lots of questions and study alot. he training is straight forward. They have a good DVD called anytime training. Unfortunatly they do not give these away. They are about 700 bucks but VERY good program..

Johnny
G-1159, G-IV, G-V, LRJET

owner to cheap , pilot too ...
NTSB accident report;
pilot error[/quote

You have no idea who I work for and who i am for that matter so i dont appreciate that comment. Its not about the money we have a big trip coming up that I need to be on and i need to get to school and this is the easiest way to get it done that fits into our schedule.

Last edited:
Fortunately, you will find the Gulfstream family is evolutionary, rather than revolutionary. It will make the understanding of the systems easier to understand moving from one model to the other.

jag--From the tone of your initial post, it sounded like this was just another operator trying to do things on the cheap--without regard for safety. (No shortage of those types, unfortunately.)

Have fun, the 450 is a blast. As for studying, I'd just play the game and get your type in the V as if you were going to fly it, then study your a$$ off during 450 differences. I found the real issue in the 550/450 initially was information management. You have so much available to you (I feel blind now...) that, invariably, you will have the wrong screen at the wrong time--and no time to screw around to fix it.

Someone else may have said it already, but the GX50's should have been a separate type rating. OR...they should not grandfather the 450 onto the GV type. But as it is, it's not a great situation. Good luck. TC

P.S.--Don't believe the press on the EVS. Just use it like a VERY expensive sunshade like the rest of us. ;)

Hey, getting the GV type (in addition to the G450 differences) will only make you more valuable in the long run. Sounds like a great opportunity to me. I hear that G450 is a real nice bird - good for you.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back