• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

G200/cl30

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There were 223 G200 deliveries through 31 January 2009. The G200 won't be going "Bye-Bye" until last quarter 2011 when G250 deliveries begin.

...and you're right, the G250 will be an outstanding growth derivative of the G200. It has an all-new, advanced transonic wing design that has been optimized for high-speed cruise and improved takeoff performance. At maximum takeoff weight, the G250 can take off from a 5,000-foot runway. Its 3,400-nautical-mile range means the G250 can fly nonstop from New York to London.

The G250 will have a Rockwell-Collins Pro Line Fusion Planeview 250 cockpit and "Green" 7,445 pound/thrust Honeywell HTF7250G engines. The jet will also feature the largest-in-class cabin with 19 windows and a two-windowed vacuum toilet equipped lavatory.

De-icing/anti-icing will be accomplished with a hot wing and stopping will be augmented by auto-brakes. I think it will be a great airplane.

I agree, the 250 will be nice airplane and better than the CL30. Now back to the sales pitch, how long did it take to sell 223 G200 :eek: ??

I like you GVFlyer...you have always been a great contributor to Flight info...your insight and experience far exceeds many here including myself. I can't begin to put together sales pitch like the one you have just posted.

When our owner was shopping he compared the G-200 and the CL-30 closely. Much of what you have said is accurate. We are based in Denver and when it came down to performance the CL-30 beat out the G-200 with the typical missions we operate. We are confirgured for 10 pax, with the potty seat and frequently see 8-9 passengers on trips. Often times these trips push the limits of the range of the 300, and would not be possible on the G-200. It's been several years now, but I would suggest that you compare a couple of typical trips you plan to utilize the new aircraft on and see how those numbers workout for you. That became the real selling point of the 300.

I'm lacking the time and reference material to put together a rebutal to GVFlyers posts...but I will say that the G-250 will be the real competator to the CL-30. The G-200 is not in the same league. It may have set the standard of what a super-midsized aircraft are all about, but it has been surpassed in the CL-30. I can't wait to see a G-250...it will be everything the 300 isn't and based on the information on the aircraft today, I would choose it over the 300 if we where making that decision today.

Here is a link that a quick google search turned up...if you have specific questions about the 300 feel free to PM me. I'd be happy to pass along any info I can.

http://www.jetadvisors.com/articles/2007-2-challenger-vs-gulfstream.htm

Last edited:
Thanks.

Looking at your avatar I see that you're, "Combing the desert"; I initially thought you were "Grooming the slopes".

I agree, the 250 will be nice airplane and better than the CL30. Now back to the sales pitch, how long did it take to sell 223 G200 :eek: ??

Dunno. Gulfstream/General Dynamics bought Galaxy from the Pritzker family on 1 May 2001 and immediately sold 50 G200s to NetJets. Avolar had also committed to 67, but we all know what happened to them.

When will the CL-350 be delivered? Oh yeah, that's right, Bombardier has no current plans for a follow-on aircraft to the CL-300.

The next Bombardier Business Aircraft product to enter service will be the mid-size all-composite structured Learjet 85. The 85, which was announced in 2007, is ambitiously scheduled to enter service in 2013.

I wonder if Gulfstream would allow you to lease a G200 until the G250 arrives (trade in)? Anything is possible in this depressed economy... The G250 looks like a big improvement and may be worth waiting for.

Have you considered a Hawker 4000? There are probably a few of those sittaing around and Hawker is hurting bad for deals. Not sure how that compares to the G200/CL30 in terms of performance but I have heard some good things about the H4000 in general. I am pretty sure the H4000 beats the G200 in the performance category.

Latest resources

Back