G-V info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Falcon Capt said:
Actually after about 12 hours at .85 it would leave you with somewhere around 3,000 lbs, which is a tad light, but still in the "legal" realm... I got these numbers off a gauge sheet I had handy... If our plane ever shows up, I'll go fly it and get back to you... LOL...

dammmm...you gonna remember how???

;) .

Falcon Capt said:
Actually after about 12 hours at .85 it would leave you with somewhere around 3,000 lbs, which is a tad light, but still in the "legal" realm... I got these numbers off a gauge sheet I had handy... If our plane ever shows up, I'll go fly it and get back to you... LOL...

Are you going to be due for your recurrent before the airplane gets there? Can you go to recurrent on an airplane you haven't flown yet? Things that make you go hmmm...

PS - Just ribbing you a little Capt.

Falcon Capt said:

3000 seems a bit optimistic to me considering you probably won't get 41,500 lbs of fuel on board. ( i doubt you would have that after 12 hrs @.85- you might have 2k though). from about 11 - 12 hrs i would probably choose .83 and over 12 hrs probably LRC. :)

Last edited:
sydeseet said:
Are you going to be due for your recurrent before the airplane gets there? Can you go to recurrent on an airplane you haven't flown yet? Things that make you go hmmm...

PS - Just ribbing you a little Capt.
Actually went back for EVS Training and did an extra "review" sim so we could remember where all the buttons are... Now if I could only remember what they all do... ;)

semperfido said:
3000 seems a bit optimistic to me ( i doubt you would have that after 12 hrs @.85). from about 11 - 12 hrs i would probably choose .83 and over 12 hrs probably LRC. :)
Yeah, I think I heard if you trip is:

<10 hours - Mach 0.85
10-12 hours - Mach 0.83
>12 hours - Mach 0.80

or something like that...

Fido and I will get back to you all on the 10 & 11 hour burns and at what M.#... In about three weeks! ;) TC

Falcon Capt said:

In my 2,000+ hours in the G-V, let me assure you that you will not have 3,000 lbs. of fuel if you fly at .85 for 12 hours. 1,500-2,000 lbs max.

I just did a 14+47 leg in the G550, and landed with 3,300 lbs. of fuel. Mach .80 the entire trip, and finished the trip at FL490. You'll never hear me complaining about a 10 hour leg again.

GVJeff said:
I just did a 14+47 leg in the G550, and landed with 3,300 lbs. of fuel. Mach .80 the entire trip, and finished the trip at FL490. You'll never hear me complaining about a 10 hour leg again.

I don't care how comfy the crew rest is, that's just too da#n long! TC

I know a company which regularly flies their GV on an 86 mile trip! I should try to remember to ask them what their fuel burn is.

Latest resources

Back