• This site moved from forums.flightinfo.com to flightinfo.com. Please update your bookmarks.

G* J*tets pilots behaving badly

Crossky

A Gentleman and a bother
Total Time
If you're opposed to them, watch out when you operate around them. One of our pilots was suspended for two weeks (one without pay) for being only accused of jet blasting a GJ aircraft and pilots while turning out of the ramp at St. Louis. No equipment or aircraft was damaged, and no injuries were reoprted. The pilot has been cleared by our management, but is still being investigated by the FAA. I talked to the pilot yesterday and he nor his partner saw any persons around the GJ aircraft, and he used only the minimum thrust required to turn out the only direction available. This is completely unprofessional behavior by GJ pilots and cannot be tolerated.

Another pilot relayed a story that a GJ crew (both CA and FO) flipped them the bird (from inside their shiny GJ aircraft of course). Very professional and classy.

Shrek

Total Time
Hmmmm the FAA might just have to take the Captain's and F/O's ATPs........"Must be of good moral character"

The FAA 800 Safety number might just have to be called on that one hmmm?.....

FlyHIToo

Total Time
7000+
Crossky said:
If you're opposed to them, watch out when you operate around them. One of our pilots was suspended for two weeks (one without pay) for being only accused of jet blasting a GJ aircraft and pilots while turning out of the ramp at St. Louis. No equipment or aircraft was damaged, and no injuries were reoprted. The pilot has been cleared by our management, but is still being investigated by the FAA. I talked to the pilot yesterday and he nor his partner saw any persons around the GJ aircraft, and he used only the minimum thrust required to turn out the only direction available. This is completely unprofessional behavior by GJ pilots and cannot be tolerated.

Another pilot relayed a story that a GJ crew (both CA and FO) flipped them the bird (from inside their shiny GJ aircraft of course). Very professional and classy.
This is the version of the story that I heard....

The crew that was suspended had taxied past the GJ aircraft then made a 180 taxi back toward the GJ plane that was parked at the gate, then turned to point its engines straight at the GJ plane. Blasting it with the jet blast.

The kicker of this story is that the crew, gate agent, and Director of Safety were standing on the jet bridge, and the Chief Pilot had just come out of the terminal, as all this happened. The CP and Dir of Safety went outside as the dust settled to get the tail number of the aircraft in question. Then called the tower to confirm the FLT # and company. The CP and DofS called the company's management and the FAA. The crew did not do anything, they didn't need to because mngt was standing right there when it all happened.
Mngt saw it all happen.

This story would explain why they were suspended. I doubt that they would be suspended on a random accusation from another flight crew, but when you about knock a Chief Pilot over with jet blast as the Director of Safety watches... that will get you busted.

This just goes to show the lack of professionalism in the REGIONAL WORLD!

logolight

Air Wisconsin
Total Time
Well here's two different stories. The CVR and FDR will tell what really happend.

Nindiri

Total Time
This sort of incident was predictable. It never seems to occur to the small group of radicals who start these childish turf wars that the other side might retaliate and then everybody gets burned.

Shrek

Total Time
FlyHIToo said:

The crew that was suspended had taxied past the GJ aircraft then made a 180 taxi back toward the GJ plane that was parked at the gate, then turned to point its engines straight at the GJ plane. Blasting it with the jet blast.

The kicker of this story is that the crew, gate agent, and Director of Safety were standing on the jet bridge, and the Chief Pilot had just come out of the terminal, as all this happened. The CP and Dir of Safety went outside as the dust settled to get the tail number of the aircraft in question. Then called the tower to confirm the FLT # and company. The CP and DofS called the company's management and the FAA. The crew did not do anything, they didn't need to because mngt was standing right there when it all happened.
Mngt saw it all happen.

This story would explain why they were suspended. I doubt that they would be suspended on a random accusation from another flight crew, but when you about knock a Chief Pilot over with jet blast as the Director of Safety watches... that will get you busted.

NOW THAT is a funny story.........but only that......a story

Fly High?!!!!...you must be right now

tjsatter

Total Time
none
"Must be of good moral character"
If this aspect of the ATP qualification was enforced then NOBODY at GayJets would have an ATP

tj

MaxPilot

Total Time
These are just urban legends.
No one did a 180, taxi-back without a clearence to jet-blast anyone.

cforst513

Giggity giggity goo!!!
Total Time
judging from the crappy behavior towards the G*Jets pilots by other 'professional' pilots that i've heard about here, i wouldn't doubt this for a second. i wasn't there, granted, but maybe the G*Jets pilots have a legit beef with the other pilots. time to grow up, fellas.

BoilerUP

Citation style...
Total Time
1500+
cforst513 said:
but maybe the G*Jets pilots have a legit beef with the other pilots.
LOL!!!eleven!!

Thanks man, I needed a good laugh.

"GJ pilots have a legit beef", wow, thats good stuff.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

cforst513

Giggity giggity goo!!!
Total Time
boilerup, i thought that we covered this in other threads. EVERYTHING written on the internet is true. GOSH!!! it was invented by Al Gore, and he doesn't lie!

millhouse21

No longer in the Sand Box
Total Time
FlyHIToo said:
The CP and DofS called the company's management and the FAA.

I doubt that they would be suspended on a random accusation from another flight crew,
First, the CP and DOS called which company's management???? Aren't you aware that these people are from the same company?

Second, if you think TSA wouldn't fire somebody based on a random accusation, then you must not work there. If they're looking to fire somebody or just create an atmosphere of fear, they will use ANY excuse.

synchoff

Total Time
I personnally witnessed America West mainline pilots and Mesa pilots flip off Freedom pilots (no big deal, but passengers would ask WTF) AND try to drive F.O.D. at them by using max thrust while sitting on taxiways. Or advise tower that a "panel appeared open" on said F8 plane right before takeoff . . .

Just because you get a ALPA pin or wear a stupid uniform dosen't mean you're a professional.

TSA145

Total Time
FlyHIToo said:
Yeah, you and your other

Last edited by a moderator:

cforst513

Giggity giggity goo!!!
Total Time
TSA, you're just a flamer. who'd you USED to be before you got banned?

smokey999

FlyHIToo said:

Mngt saw it all happen.

This proves that the story is BS. Anybody familiar with TSA knows if it happened this way, the pilots would have been immediately fired.

Crossky

A Gentleman and a bother
Total Time
smokey999 said:
This proves that the story is BS. Anybody familiar with TSA knows if it happened this way, the pilots would have been immediately fired.
Uh, the pilots accused are employed by the same company as me, Air Wisconsin. So your point is void I think.

Again, I talked to the accused CA in person. I've flown with him before, and his honesty and integrity are beyond question. They didn't pull the CVR or FDR for review, it was too late for the CVR anyway.

ALPA RJ pilots, watch yourselves when operating near GJ aircraft. They might be too busy flipping you off that they'll become distracted.

DX Rick

Total Time
Crossky said:
They might be too busy flipping you off that they'll become distracted.
In no way am I defending GJ pilots, but pilots have been flipping each other off for ages. Is this now JUST becoming a problem?