G IV Job wanted in So Cal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
psysicx said:
Why not get on with Trans-Exec get a couple hundred hours in Gulfstreams and then get a PIC job at Avjet since you meet all the other requirements.

Pedro offers you his protection,

psysicx offers you good pay and QOL!! :D

psysicx said:
Why not get on with Trans-Exec get a couple hundred hours in Gulfstreams and then get a PIC job at Avjet since you meet all the other requirements.

Didn't they run a GIII into the ground a couple of years ago and kill 18 people. Just studied that accident in school (although they don't mention Avjet by name, we all knew). You might want to disclose that fact to this airline guy.

Or, you get on with Jet Aviation and be with the best operator with the most diverse fleet in the U.S.

Just my 2 cents.

Ace

psysicx said:
I don't know. Everybody on here said Avjet or Trans isn't a bad place to work.

I really don't know either. Wrong coast. I would just question the standards at a company that flew a Gulfstream below minimums and into the ground. That's a pretty bad accident and the NTSB report makes their CRM look horrible.

Ace

Ace-of-the-Base said:
I really don't know either. Wrong coast. I would just question the standards at a company that flew a Gulfstream below minimums and into the ground. That's a pretty bad accident and the NTSB report makes their CRM look horrible.

Ace

Don't question the company, question the pilots.

JetDriver2000 said:
I'm especially looking in SNA, LGB, CRQ then VNY, and BUR. I've sent my resume/tried to call most of the usual suspects, with no luck. Walk -ins have not helped either
You're looking at the right airports. I'm surprised you haven't gotten a job, especially with walk-ins. Buying your type will get you a good laugh from any of the reputable operators. I'm friends with several "dream job" PT91 dept's in your area and they wouldn't touch someone who paid for their own type. Personality seems to be the most important trait they look for. A type rating isn't required. They'll gladly pay to train the right person.

As for AvJet, I've done contract work for them and have friends there. Good operation with great equipment and safety standards. We've all had to study the KASE accident ad nauseum. Those pilots were way outside the bounds of company policy/common sense.

Have you considered flight instructing for FSI @ LGB. I believe after a certain period of employment you're eligible for a free type rating. Plus you'll be home more.

Latest resources

Back