Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

G-IV - "A Small Twin-Engine plane" WTF??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Propnose

Since when is a G-IV a small twin?

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - A small, twin-engine plane carrying White House Chief of Staff Andrew Card made an emergency landing in Nashville Saturday after smoke began pouring into the cockpit, officials said.
Card and 12 others on board were not injured when the Gulfstream 4 plane bound for Washington landed at the Nashville International Airport around 4 p.m., said Lynne Lowrance, an airport spokeswoman.
"They thought they could be having some trouble with the Avionics instruments but they weren't sure what was causing the smoke," Lowrance said.
The plane left Texas, where Card has been meeting with at his ranch in Crawford, White House spokesman Ken Lisaius said.
"They made the decision to be safe rather than sorry," Lisaius said. "I was told it was a fairly routine matter."

Last edited:
What? No one has made a comment about a spokesman for this administration calling smoke in the cockpit "routine". You folks are slipping.

Why, no one inhaled.

I saw it on CNN and it looked like a Gulfstream 3, not a 4. anyone familiar with the the aircraft feel free to correct me.

Bigboy

Last edited:
Everybody always told me when I was flying a DC-9, that it was a light twin also.

Go figure.

DC9/Super 80/MD80+

Man, I've heard hundreds of guys flying heavier airline equipment respond to ATC's instruction to "follow the DC-9 ahead" with "Roger, follow the light twin", or "Roger, follow the lawn dart" or even "Roger, If he can keep that little thing up here, I'll follow him" ... no kidding !!

TransMach

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back