Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tnkr Pilot

All,

I just wanted to pass along this link that shows you can get reimbursed for the knowledge test and practical flight test for an ATP and other quals if you qualified for the GI Bill.

$100 for Written
$500 for Practical

http://www.gibill.va.gov/Education/LCweb/viewlc.asp

To apply for test reimbursement, send us a signed and dated request with the following information:
�� Your Full Name
�� Your Mailing Address
�� Your Home Phone Number (with area code)
�� Your Social Security Number
�� Your VA File Number (if different from your Social Security Number)
�� Have you applied for VA benefits before? If no, please complete an application for education benefits and send with this request for reimbursement.
�� Name of Test
�� Date Test Taken
�� Cost of Test (NOTE: We can’t reimburse you for registration fees, preparation guides, processing fees, etc.)
�� A copy of your test results or a copy of your license or certification
�� Name & Address of Organization Issuing License
�� Statement: “I hereby authorize the release of my test information to the Department of Veterans Affairs”
�� Your Signature and Date Signed

Who Can I Contact if I Have Questions?
If you have questions about licensing and certification reimbursement, or applying for benefits, you can
• Go to our Internet site: www.GIBILL.va.gov, and click on “Ask a Question and Find Answers”
• Call us at 1-888-GIBILL-1
(1-888-442-4551), or for the hearing-impaired call 1-800-829-4833.

Me too..

Got $4,400 bucks a couple of years ago for my 737 type rating at Higher Power. I had never signed up for the GI Bill on Active Duty and my Guard unit only asked for 6 more years for signing up...I planned on doing another 7 years anyway to get my retirement ......free money! I highly recommend it.

Only 990 more turbine PIC hours until it will be 737 type time and I get to use my GI bill, considering I only got to use it for 3 months of college before I graduated.

I used the GI Bill on Inst/Comm/Initial CFI...Plus college. Good deal just remember they will get back what they invested in you...one way or another. I for one am proud of my service and the people I served with.

I'm venturing into the GI bill territory.

Is it worth it to go nuts on CFI, CFII and MEI, or go the part 61 route?

It's my understand I pay up front and get back %60 of the bill?

You can still be eligible for the GI Bill if you didn't sign up for it originally. I was able to fill out some VA paperwork, write a letter to the board and 8 months later was accepted into the program at the end of my military career. It payed 60% of my ATP and 737 type rating. That was a great benefit!

Latest resources

Back