<fwd> Riddle "reality"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thedude said:
Hmm...in '93 I graduated into the left seat of un-employment.
I heard Riddle guys get to go to the front of the line at the food drives AND get an extra chunk of Government cheese. Is that true?

AZ Typed said:
And the attitude of cutting each other to pieces over 500 hours, 1000 hours, 1200 hours, no ME time...blah blah blah...is a waste of time. It does nothing to further the profession at any level.

AZT

Maybe I missed how you're not doing that.

YGBSM said:
Maybe I missed how you're not doing that.

Um...how am I doing that? I'm pointing out how we can't make judgements based on background. It cuts the profession down. How am I cutting the profession by pointing out that we should avoid hacking each other based on flight hours?

*confused*

AZT

AZ Typed said:
What I mean is that the many military folks come out with what's considered low time in the civilian world - yet nobody pokes at them. But the 1200 hour flight instructor and 500 riddle guy get mud thrown at them.
AZT

1200 hour CFIs and Riddle grads get mud slung at them, but military guys don't? Things work differently on my planet.

1000 hour military cowboys

Sounded like mud slinging to me. Purpledog thought so too, apparently.

YGBSM said:
1200 hour CFIs and Riddle grads get mud slung at them, but military guys don't? Things work differently on my planet.

Sounded like mud slinging to me. Purpledog thought so too, apparently.

You're right - sorry about the "cowboy" comment. I didn't say I was innocent. But I always hear the argument against the low timers for civilian...but military folks seem to slide by with their "low time". The fact is that their are good and bad folks from all arms and legs of the industry. AZT

AZ Typed said:
You're right - sorry about the "cowboy" comment. I didn't say I was innocent. But I always hear the argument against the low timers for civilian...but military folks seem to slide by with their "low time". The fact is that their are good and bad folks from all arms and legs of the industry. AZT

Your point is obvious AZ, YGBSM is an ass.

Don't shoot the messenger...

Mongo just pawn in the game of life. :p

Saw the "interview" on the NBAA site and thought it would amuse the "flightinfo'ers". ;)

Latest resources

Back