<fwd> Riddle "reality"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
gkrangers said:
Yep, and we get paid double everyone else, and get inflight BJs from the hot FAs...

That's a bummer, there's a lot of male FAs at my airline. Good thing I didn't go to riddle

This is why pilots continue to lose ground in the profession - we keep cutting each other to pieces. It has just as much to do with 500 Riddle folks as it does 1200 hour flight instructors, 1000 hour military cowboys, illegals from Sveeden, etc. Give it a rest already.

AZT

COOL, AD LIBS!!

LAZYB said:
Job Interview

Reaching the end of a job interview, the Human Resources Person asked LAZYB fresh out of the TOOL BOX, "And what starting salary were you looking for?"

The pilot replied, "In the neighborhood of $20,000 a year, depending on the benefits package."

The interviewer said, "Well, what would you say to a package of NO vacation, NO paid holidays, NO medical and dental, NO company matching retirement fund to 50% of salary, and a company car leased every 2 years - say, a YELLOW SHORT BUS?"

The LAZYB sat up straight and said, "Wow! Are you kidding?THAT WOULD BE NEAT, BUT I WOULD ALSO NEED A NEW BACKPACK!"

And the interviewer replied, "Yes, but you started it, HERES A NICE WARM CUP OF SHUT THE @$#% UP!."

1000 hour military cowboys
Military cowboys? Whom do you mean? I turned in my spurs and lasso a long time ago.
This is why pilots continue to lose ground in the profession - we keep cutting each other to pieces.
You said it yourself. Why the jab at those who decide to serve their country?

Purpledog said:
Military cowboys? Whom do you mean? I turned in my spurs and lasso a long time ago.

Youre missing the point. Entirely.

Let me think back

viper548 said:
LOL...don't riddle guys go straight to the left seat once they meet ATP mins?

I graduated Riddle in '90.

Let me think back to my first job with a college diploma....

...ah yes, it was straight into the left seat of a fuel truck at SNA.

But I had to ride around for a day or so in the right seat...but I got paid for that too!!!!

Purpledog said:

What I mean is that the many military folks come out with what's considered low time in the civilian world - yet nobody pokes at them. But the 1200 hour flight instructor and 500 riddle guy get mud thrown at them. When the reality is that their is good and bad in both seats, in airlines, charter, corporate, from civilian and military. I've flown with some really good Riddle kids. I've flown with some really bad ones. I've flown with some really good civlian and military folks - and yes I've flown with some really bad ones. It's not the background that makes a good pilot - it's the attitude. And the attitude of cutting each other to pieces over 500 hours, 1000 hours, 1200 hours, no ME time...blah blah blah...is a waste of time. It does nothing to further the profession at any level.

AZT

mar said:
I graduated Riddle in '90.

Let me think back to my first job with a college diploma....

...ah yes, it was straight into the left seat of a fuel truck at SNA.

But I had to ride around for a day or so in the right seat...but I got paid for that too!!!!

Hmm...in '93 I graduated into the left seat of un-employment.

Latest resources

Back