• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Future President and Corp. Aviation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
54, hate to burst your bubble, but the housing mess was already in play long before the democrats took control (and barely just) of Congress in 2006. The beginnings started when the Bush Administration relaxed the banking rules back in 2003 and Alan Greenspan sat by quietly and just rode the current political winds instead of airing his concerns about subprime lending. We know how the rest of the story played out over the past 5 years.

re: high fuel prices. This has more to do with oil demand from China and India and market speculators than Congress. (Remember how Enron was able to control energy market pricing in California?) I do put some blame on Congressional legislators and presidents over the past 30 years for failing to form a coherent energy policy. We're still very much in need of one, BTW. And, no, the secret meetings between Bush/Cheney and the oil companies back in 2001 do not count as forming an energy policy.

54, hate to burst your bubble, but the housing mess was already in play long before the democrats took control (and barely just) of Congress in 2006. The beginnings started when the Bush Administration relaxed the banking rules back in 2003 and Alan Greenspan sat by quietly and just rode the current political winds instead of airing his concerns about subprime lending. We know how the rest of the story played out over the past 5 years.

re: high fuel prices. This has more to do with oil demand from China and India and market speculators than Congress. (Remember how Enron was able to control energy market pricing in California?) I do put some blame on Congressional legislators and presidents over the past 30 years for failing to form a coherent energy policy. We're still very much in need of one, BTW. And, no, the secret meetings between Bush/Cheney and the oil companies back in 2001 do not count as forming an energy policy.

No you are not bursting my bubble. I just pointed out some interesting facts that were backed up. I appreciate your insight and respect your views.

Obama/Biden are trying to run on a change platform. Change for the sake of change is not a platform. The Democrats have controlled both the House and Senate and have had 1.5 years to try and offer something of substance. They have done nothing. You can't have it both ways, trying to tell the public, "it's not our fault, it's all theirs."

Regardless of who is eating up the supply of oil, we have not done a single thing in this country to remove our dependence on foreign oil. Imagine what we could do with the $700 billion dollars that has left our country.

As I noted above, the Republicans somehow lost their way over the past eight years. Listening to McCain last night, I think you are going to see the John McCain of 2000. I think he is going to become more of that moderate Republican we were used to seeing, but he needed to shore up the base at the convention. As evident from some of his suggestions, where there were applause lines, no one on the floor really applauded and you could sense the uncomfortable feeling.
:beer:

Last edited:
With McCain we can probably expect to see some minor cost increases in some areas with a form of user fees, however, compared to the overall budget of operating corporate aircraft I believe it will not be all that significant.

Obama on the other hand is a different story. If, and a big if here, he is allowed by Congress to imposes the high increases of tax rates on companies and corporations we could very well see some drastic cut backs in corporate flight departments.

What needs to be remembered is that the President, no matter who is President, cannot change taxation, up or down, only Congress can do that. The same hold true with user fees, again only Congress has that power.

Personal guess, as long as the economy stays stable we will not see much in the way of change.

Plain and simple for me. I fly for a wealthy individual. When Oboma jacks all of our taxes through the roof and those of the small business's he owns, I may be in trouble.

NObama No way!

When Oboma jacks all of our taxes through the roof ...

Why do you guys ALWAYS repeat this? Does saying it over and over again make it true?

Do you earn more than about $260,000 a year? If so, congratulations, you're doing well. You're also making more than 95% percent of the people in this country. Those 95% will receive a tax CUT under Obama's plan. Here is but one article explaining it.

In addition, if McCain's ideas were enacted, the U.S. would lose $3.7 trillion in revenue between the years of 2009 and 2018, while Obama's plan means a loss of $2.7 trillion during the same years.

Also, a recent GAO report showed that during the years 1998-2005 about 66% of U.S. corporations paid ZERO income tax for at least one of those years, even when they were showing profits. Is that fair to you, or are you uninterested?

There is so much information out there available about this...just Google it. Why do people keep believing that everyone's taxes will go up under Obama? It isn't true.

http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily...20080611_220050.htm?chan=rss_topStories_ssi_5

Last edited:
And bite the hand that feeds you. What good is a tax break when your company can no longer afford to keep your position? I'm not talking about large billion dollar corporations; I'm talking the small to medium sized business owner. Obama refuses to address what the impact will be on this segment, which happens to be our largest growing segment of business.

It is these tax breaks that allows business to expand, add employees and try to remain competitive, emphasizing the word try. Any increase on corporate taxes is going to come out of us the worker, whether it is reduced benefits or increase in cost of goods purchased or loss of jobs.

Make no mistake, it will be passed on to us, we are not getting anything free.

All Obama is doing is playing a shell game. Then you still have to address all his big government spending programs. Where is that money going to come from?

Latest resources

Back