• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Future President and Corp. Aviation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Regardless of who is eating up the supply of oil, we have not done a single thing in this country to remove our dependence on foreign oil. Imagine what we could do with the $700 billion dollars that has left our country.

I think he is going to become more of that moderate Republican we were used to seeing, but he needed to shore up the base at the convention. :beer:
Ashton Kutcher, come out! Where are you, because I know we are being punked by 54fighting.

54, please; Imagine what we could do with the 1 TRILLION dollars we have wasted on Iraq. Has that crossed your mind? What are we even doing in Iraq? Don't give me some line about getting rid of a horrible dictator; there are MANY leaders out there worse than Hitler, much less Saddam, and we have let them go on with business as usual. Bob Mugabee in Zimbobwe (sp?) is one example.

What makes you think McCain is going to do as you say? Do you remember a compassionate conservative running for office in Y2k? I do, and look at where he has gotten us. Tell both sides of the story, not just the slant and spin.

Obama on the other hand is a different story. If, and a big if here, he is allowed by Congress to imposes the high increases of tax rates on companies and corporations we could very well see some drastic cut backs in corporate flight departments.

What needs to be remembered is that the President, no matter who is President, cannot change taxation, up or down, only Congress can do that. The same hold true with user fees, again only Congress has that power.

Personal guess, as long as the economy stays stable we will not see much in the way of change.
NO, NO, NO. Congress does nothing more than make reccomendations to the president. If the president approves of the request (whether or not it is initiated by the White House), then he signs the bill and it becomes law. Checks and Balances, Mr. Civics. You say the president does not control taxation?
Read my Lips, No New taxes. Are you old enough to remember that? It's a promise George H.W. Bush made in 1988 to voters who went on to elect him. Guess what, Because of the trickle down effect of Reaganomics, he was forced to raise taxes (Congress Ok'd it and he signed the tax bill into law), thus opening the door for those same voters to elect his A$$ right our of office and let Bill Clinton in. Wasn't his fault; the Reagan Admin did not let him know how bad the deficit (budget) was, so he made somewhat of a blind promise he otherwise would not have made had Reagan been honest with him, his own VP!

Good thing that happened. Congress does not have near the power you say. Please reasearch your statements before you get on here essentially lying and misleading people who might not keep up with the stuff as well as you and I do.

Personal guess, as long as the economy stays stable we will not see much in the way of change.
Oh yea, the economy is Tip Top! There are from Today's News Wire.

U.S. unemployment rate hits a five-year high
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26558445/

U.S. Economy Remains Weak, Fed Finds
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...8/09/03/AR2008090301939.html?nav=rss_business

U.S. takeover set for mortgage giants
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080906/ap_on_bi_ge/mortgage_giants_crisis

Plain and simple for me. I fly for a wealthy individual. When Oboma jacks all of our taxes through the roof and those of the small business's he owns, I may be in trouble.

NObama No way!
I am getting so sick and tired of these lies. People really can't be this stupid. Uninformed and simple people make themselves look as foolish as they are. I am not some Obama fan, but don't lie about what he has proposed.

Obama plan is as follows: He is not going to RENEW the tax breaks GW gave the weathisest 5% of Americans. If you call that 'jacking all of our taxes through the roof', then you need to pick up a newspaper and turn off faux news. You need to make $260K for you to even notice this happeneing. 400A, how the hell have you missed this fact? How? How on earth could you miss that fact? You don't make 260k; I know you dont. Why do you keep telling these lies? I am sick of it and I am not going to bite my lip anymore when you get on here speaking on subjects that clearly exceed the scope of your knowledge. Why do you do that?

While we all got 300 dollar checks, the richest 5% of americans got tax breaks. When you look at their Net pay, then give them a reduction of tax liability on that Net pay, with the dollar amounts the richest 5% make, the reduction percentage of that Net pay makes for one hell of a Gross takehome pay.

Had you actually read or listened to the facts, you would know you personally will not be affected by that tax cut expiring; for that matter, neither of us will. Let be honest here, neither of us or anyone we know except the people we fly for, will even notice the tax cuts not being renewed.

What that means is that they'll (the rich) go back to paying the same tax rates they paid when they were making money hand over fist when Bill Clinton was in office.

I fly a G450 in your same situation; flying for a wealthy individual. I know I make more money than you, fly more expensive equipment than you, have higher operating costs than you (direct and indirect), and have a larger annual budget than you, and our organization is not the least bit worried; if yours is, then they simply cannot afford the upgrade they just made from a "Hawker 400XP" to a 750. I suspect your organization does not share your same views on the economics of jet ops in an Obama presidency. If so, I guess a low time 750 is going on the market if he is elected and you and the other crew will be made available to industry?

Last edited:
HawkerFO, not spinning anything just asked a pretty relevant question. I didn't make anything personal out of my posts but you seem to have an issue with it because I have an alternative view of yours.

Because we have different views and do not support Obama we are uneducated on the subject. Instead of answering what is the true impact on small businesses here in the US will be, you go off about the war which I never even brought up and you have no clue what my opinion is on it! Nor do you have any clue as to my current or past association with the military.

So I am assuming you find that it is perfectly fine to send 700 billion dollars to foreign countries when we can be doing something here to set up a "bridge" to get off foreign dependence since you refused to answer it.

I have been to both candidates sites and have been trying to digest all of the "look what I will do for you, just elect me" information. All I am looking for is some healthy debate. As I told Aero Boy in an earlier post, I respect his view even though we disagree and he didn't need to make a smart a$$ remark to start off his reply to me.

And in following your advice, “Tell both sides of the story, not just the slant and spin.” you may have wanted to include this little snippet as well that was just released at the end of August, it would have lended much more credit to your fair and balanced reporting.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/chronicle/5971450.html

Am I excited about this, no not really. I don’t think we are anywhere out of the woods and we have a lot of hard work in front of us. But it was growth.

Also, here are the average unemployment rates for the last 4 presidents. For current Bush and Clinton I used 7 years since Bush is only in his 7th year right now.

5.19 Bush
5.38 Clinton
6.3 Bush 1
7.83 Reagan

http://www.miseryindex.us/URbyyear.asp

Just like Obama, Hawker F/O always reverts to personal attacks and name calling to get his point across. Because he yells and screams he is sure to be smarter than me.

Inheritance Taxes? (will hit me in the next 10 years)

Capital Gains Taxes? (will hit me in the next 10 years)

In my opinion, if someone is going to be in charge of the military, he needs to be at least remotely familiar with the military. Doing drugs in Law school did not qualify him for this in my opinion. You are welcome to your own and I will not yell and scream and tell you how wrong you are.

OK Hawker F/O, take another hit, and go to yelling and screaming again.

Last edited:
So I am assuming you find that it is perfectly fine to send 700 billion dollars to foreign countries when we can be doing something here to set up a "bridge" to get off foreign dependence since you refused to answer it.
54, this is exactly my point. You keep bringing up this 700 Billion, but then when I bring up the 1 Trillion we have spent in Iraq, you simply choose to ignore it. 1 Trillion is well over 10 times the 700 Billion you keep talking about. If you are so passionate about the 700B, how can you just ignore the 1Trillion? Why are you not appalled about the wasted 1 Trillion?

Ok, so you agree that $700B is fine to go to other governments. I don't agree with that at all.
You need to get off your war cry, it is what it is, but I supose that is what your platform reverts to when they do not wan't address questions that they either have no valid plan or are uncomfortable answering.

No, I do not like having to fund this war as a civilian or as a former military officer. But you know what, we are in it. I am not going to support cutting off funding for my fellow soldiers who I have served with. This is what your candidate and democrats wanted to do. God, he couldn't even admit he was wrong to Bill O'Reilly when pressed about the surge. There were other battles to be fought rather than going back in a second time, but I will not turn my back on our Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen.

But make no mistake I want us out of there as quickly as possible.

So there you have my opinion on it, now you don't have to assume what it is.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back