Future of Skywest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

superjet

I was wondering if anybody would care to speculate as to what/where Skywest will be as an airline 5, 10, even 20 years from now. I was just wondering about growth, aircraft type, and route structure???

You are kidding right ?

We don't even know what they'll look like next week, much less in 5, 10, or 20 years!

5 years ago SkyWest was all excited about getting the first few RJs, 10 years ago it was the EMB-120, 20 years ago it was the Metro

superjet said:
I was wondering if anybody would care to speculate as to what/where Skywest will be as an airline 5, 10, even 20 years from now. I was just wondering about growth, aircraft type, and route structure???

I predict Skywest will be very profitable. How can't it be profitable if its pilots are accepting SUCH LOW WAGES? In 5 years Skywest will be operating Delta's cast off MD88s, 737-300s and older 757s and paying its pilots CRJ-200 wages... Plenty of money left over for management.

Heavy Set said:
I predict Skywest will be very profitable. How can't it be profitable if its pilots are accepting SUCH LOW WAGES? In 5 years Skywest will be operating Delta's cast off MD88s, 737-300s and older 757s and paying its pilots CRJ-200 wages... Plenty of money left over for management.

Umm... the proposed rate increase was rejected champ. SkyWest pay is terrible for the first year but I believe it's higher than any other regional the second year. Believe me, we're trying for better rates. Stop whinning about SkyW and use that energy to to get better wages at your company.

Skywest is the Walmart of Aviation

It has reached a critical mass.

Just like Walmart, Skywest can now put competitors out of business with tactics of questionable legality and deplorable ethics.

Then it can squeeze suppliers (that is: employees) with a "take-it-or-leave-it" approach.

And you think wages are low now!

Steveair said:
Umm... the proposed rate increase was rejected champ. SkyWest pay is terrible for the first year but I believe it's higher than any other regional the second year. Believe me, we're trying for better rates. Stop whinning about SkyW and use that energy to to get better wages at your company.

C'mon dude. You realize that when you initially accepted those crappy CRJ-200 wages for CR7 flights that your reputation actually sunk below Mesa's. Things may have improved a bit, but it will take a while to live down that rep. Plus, if you didn't notice, some of my statement was tongue and cheek. But I guess you newly rich guys are too sensitive to realize that...

superjet said:

In 3 years they will buy Delta...staple all the pilots below skywest so you will have a 28year old captain on the 767 with a 55 year old FO.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back