Future of Skywest

superjet

Total Time
I was wondering if anybody would care to speculate as to what/where Skywest will be as an airline 5, 10, even 20 years from now. I was just wondering about growth, aircraft type, and route structure???

gkrangers

college = debt
Total Time
some
You are kidding right ?

We don't even know what they'll look like next week, much less in 5, 10, or 20 years!

superjet

Total Time
Speculation

Its just fun speculation thats all. I am not going to base my stock purchases on this!

viper548

Total Time
5 years ago SkyWest was all excited about getting the first few RJs, 10 years ago it was the EMB-120, 20 years ago it was the Metro

Heavy Set

Total Time
superjet said:
I was wondering if anybody would care to speculate as to what/where Skywest will be as an airline 5, 10, even 20 years from now. I was just wondering about growth, aircraft type, and route structure???
I predict Skywest will be very profitable. How can't it be profitable if its pilots are accepting SUCH LOW WAGES? In 5 years Skywest will be operating Delta's cast off MD88s, 737-300s and older 757s and paying its pilots CRJ-200 wages... Plenty of money left over for management.

Steveair

Total Time
Heavy Set said:
I predict Skywest will be very profitable. How can't it be profitable if its pilots are accepting SUCH LOW WAGES? In 5 years Skywest will be operating Delta's cast off MD88s, 737-300s and older 757s and paying its pilots CRJ-200 wages... Plenty of money left over for management.
Umm... the proposed rate increase was rejected champ. SkyWest pay is terrible for the first year but I believe it's higher than any other regional the second year. Believe me, we're trying for better rates. Stop whinning about SkyW and use that energy to to get better wages at your company.

Phony Marconi

Total Time
dunno?
Skywest is the Walmart of Aviation

It has reached a critical mass.

Just like Walmart, Skywest can now put competitors out of business with tactics of questionable legality and deplorable ethics.

Then it can squeeze suppliers (that is: employees) with a "take-it-or-leave-it" approach.

And you think wages are low now!

Heavy Set

Total Time
Steveair said:
Umm... the proposed rate increase was rejected champ. SkyWest pay is terrible for the first year but I believe it's higher than any other regional the second year. Believe me, we're trying for better rates. Stop whinning about SkyW and use that energy to to get better wages at your company.
C'mon dude. You realize that when you initially accepted those crappy CRJ-200 wages for CR7 flights that your reputation actually sunk below Mesa's. Things may have improved a bit, but it will take a while to live down that rep. Plus, if you didn't notice, some of my statement was tongue and cheek. But I guess you newly rich guys are too sensitive to realize that...

Morning Wood

Total Time
n/a
viper548 said:
5 years ago SkyWest was all excited about getting the first few RJs, 10 years ago it was the EMB-120, 20 years ago it was the Metro
Try 12, 19, and 26.

BOHICAgain

I will miss you Daniel
Total Time
superjet said:
In 3 years they will buy Delta...staple all the pilots below skywest so you will have a 28year old captain on the 767 with a 55 year old FO.

Last edited:

Ganja60Heavy

what we talking about?
Total Time
3 time
BOHICAgain said:
In 3 years they will bought Delta...staple all the pilots below skywest so you will have a 28year old captain on the 767 with a 55 year old FO.
Both making $20/hr

TEXAN AVIATOR

Bewbies
Total Time
7000+
SKYW will be a feeder for Mesa:bawling:

indianboy7

I'm Scerrrrd!
Total Time
nonono you all got it wrong....it's gonna be IndependassWest in a few years

hotwing

Total Time
a few
Last edited:

TEXAN AVIATOR

Bewbies
Total Time
7000+

CFIT

Gimme your money
Total Time
1:51pm
Phony Marconi said:
It has reached a critical mass.

Just like Walmart, Skywest can now put competitors out of business with tactics of questionable legality and deplorable ethics.

Then it can squeeze suppliers (that is: employees) with a "take-it-or-leave-it" approach.

And you think wages are low now!
Really, deplorable ethics huh?
I just got a bonus check today for $3183.29, boy do I feel used.

vantra69

Total Time
Walmart Airlines

They really are Walmart. Funny how a non union carrier, bottom feeder if you will, flies the 90 seaters for the same pay as a 50 seater. Real smart pilot group over there. Way to help the industry fellas.

Bluto

Total Time
>4000
vantra69 said:
They really are Walmart. Funny how a non union carrier, bottom feeder if you will, flies the 90 seaters for the same pay as a 50 seater. Real smart pilot group over there. Way to help the industry fellas.
We don't fly 90-seaters. Worry about yourself, we'll worry about ourselves, the industry will take care of itself.

Socalplt

Total Time
x
CFIT said:
Really, deplorable ethics huh?
I just got a bonus check today for $3183.29, boy do I feel used.

You had quarterly earnings of over $43,300? Don't you get burnt out doing all those doubles in the sim?

For those on that outside thats averaging 150+ hours a month at the 18 year rate of $93hr, or 130+ if doing checkairman stuff.

Last edited: