Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Almerick07

Professional Surf Bum
So my girlfriend just decided she wants to be a F/A.....Im about to start interviewing with regionals and was a little worried about scheduling and not seeing her as much as id like. Anyone have any experiences with this? Im aware plenty of F/A's and pilots end up together but was a little curious if anyone could shed some light on the subject...

It can work just fine if you both want it to. But just like any relationship, it can fail too.

Bid to be off together as much as possible, and just take it one day at a time. I met my husband while we were both at Eagle, and we managed to make it work just fine. It's all in how much effort you both are willing to put out.

I know two couples that were pilot/fa's. They are still together however both wives are no longer f/a's and the husbands are still pilots.

Almerick07 said:
So my girlfriend just decided she wants to be a F/A.....Im about to start interviewing with regionals and was a little worried about scheduling and not seeing her as much as id like. Anyone have any experiences with this? Im aware plenty of F/A's and pilots end up together but was a little curious if anyone could shed some light on the subject...

ahh.. let the games begin. Make sure you guys are stable, and it should work. I met my husband at CHQ. We bid for the same days off, and it was great. Now, he flies in the military and I fly for a charter and am gone 24 days at a time. Personally, it's almost like a train wreck if you don't get the same time off. Hope you don't have kids or pets.... makes it worse. Good luck, because your going to have to put extra effort than most couples to make it work.
Sorry, not trying to bring you down, just trying to be honest.

PS As you said you know of Pilots and FA's that end up together. How do you think they ended up together? Both away from home for too long, they're lonely and so who do they turn to? Make sure you trust each other :)

Latest resources

Back