Future ASA Classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
asarjfo said:
The November preliminary awards are out and there are a bunch of new hire slots for all airplanes and bases.

There was also an award for CR7 Captain slot for #1,007 (out of 1500 pilots) and #1,430 for EMB CA in DFW. I am pretty sure the EMB award will hold up, but I can't see the CR7 CA slot holding up. If it does the poor guy will be on reserve FOREVER!!!

The effective date for most of the awards is Feb. 2003, which is the date you can expect training (aircraft specific) to begin. With that I would imagine they will be running a bunch of classes from now until.......????

Minor but important point: The award effective date is not when you can begin to expect training. It is defined on the cover sheet of the awards as the expected date of completion of training.

This is important in judging when people will be going to class or getting the call to come and work for us. For a new hire the training cycle is about 2 months (give or take.) Therefore, awards with a 2/2003 effective date should probably expect to be in class around the begining of Dec.

Ok, got the call this morning for Oct 21, I interviewed at the end of July.

Good Luck To all Poolies, Your call is coming next.:D

Aircraft Assignments

Hey guys sounds like the Oct 21st class is filling up..GREAT!
Gotta question...is it possible to find out your aircraft assignment and duty station prior to going to class? Just wondering!!

See you all in Atlanta

Re: Aircraft Assignments

Exarmykingair said:
Hey guys sounds like the Oct 21st class is filling up..GREAT!
Gotta question...is it possible to find out your aircraft assignment and duty station prior to going to class? Just wondering!!

See you all in Atlanta

By our contract you should bid for aircraft and base based on your seniority within the newhire class (based on age). The company has been assigning base and position out of seniority order, and the union is letting them get away with it.

You will probably find out the first or second day of basic indoc. You may be told something prior to that, but it could change (mine did). Don't ask to swap or trade, that would indicate that you have a, "Bad Attitude".

Brian Wilson told us the known class dates for the rest of the year:

9/23
10/7
10/21
11/4 (plus possibly another in Nov)
12 (Plus possibly another in Dec)

Each class is 24, unless they get their training rooms in the General Offices finished in time to take 30.

The reson cited is that the company failed to add in the contractually required reserve pilots and did not fully staff the CRJ700's.

I just scheduled an interview, today ,for Oct. 16th. I was told, if hired, to expect a class date in mid to late Nov. I had my resume faxed in this morning and got the call this afternoon, obviously they want to fill the upcoming classes quickly.

Got the call for the Nov. 4th class yesterday! Didnt get a chance to ask about how many are left in the pool or future classes. Good luck to all! :D :D :D :D

I accepted a class date for November 4th. Sounds like there are 30 people in one of the October classes and 24 in the other. Only 24 in the Nov. 4th class. Loretta claims that the pool is almost empty and they are interviewing quite a bit this month.

Anyone else get a class date?

Latest resources

Back