• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Future ASA Classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The number is some where around fifty, However, they don't pull first in first out.

ASA HIRING

Confirmed by an ASA Instructor pilot this morning, who was giving us a line check. He was told to expect to see classes of 40 new hires for the foreseeable future! RJ Captain in DFW now at Aug'00 :)

Re: ASA HIRING

sabreliner said:
Confirmed by an ASA Instructor pilot this morning, who was giving us a line check. He was told to expect to see classes of 40 new hires for the foreseeable future! RJ Captain in DFW now at Aug'00 :)

Yes, I heard the same from some pretty good sources.

Have any of you fellow poolies or new hires heard anything about your background check and whether they have the results or not?

Oct 7th Class

I was called this morning to join the Oct. 7th class. Was told they are adding to the class size and not just covering for a cancellation. No A/C or base info was given. They did have a class that started this past Monday, word has it that there were several CRJ700 FO slots in that class.

The November preliminary awards are out and there are a bunch of new hire slots for all airplanes and bases.

There was also an award for CR7 Captain slot for #1,007 (out of 1500 pilots) and #1,430 for EMB CA in DFW. I am pretty sure the EMB award will hold up, but I can't see the CR7 CA slot holding up. If it does the poor guy will be on reserve FOREVER!!!

The effective date for most of the awards is Feb. 2003, which is the date you can expect training (aircraft specific) to begin. With that I would imagine they will be running a bunch of classes from now until.......????

Any word on how many are getting the call for the Oct 21 and the Nov 4 classes. Anyone else out there that received the call?
Thanks

The instructors have been coming to class surprised that there will be classes for Nov and probably as December class as well.

I understand that the company "misunderestimated" the number of pilots required under the contract for the 70 seater and now is 100 to 200 behind where they think they should be.

The prelim numbers on 700 Capt. have not moved much. It sits at 1003 right now.

Latest resources

Back