Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PositiveRate

Refugee
I'd like to get some info regarding furloughs at various carriers.

I can only speak for AWA/US
- Proposed 300 furloughs, actual about 250, first on the street in sept '08. As proposed, it will get to mid 2004 on the AWA list.

How about, proposed furloughs, actual #'s and how far back into the lists the cuts go for?

UAL
CAL
AA
Alaska
Frontier
Airtran
Spirit

Depressing topic, I know.

I'd like to get some info regarding furloughs at various carriers.

I can only speak for AWA/US
- Proposed 300 furloughs, actual about 250, first on the street in sept '08. As proposed, it will get to mid 2004 on the AWA list.

How about, proposed furloughs, actual #'s and how far back into the lists the cuts go for?

UAL
CAL
AA
Alaska
Frontier
Airtran
Spirit

Depressing topic, I know.

Are you still thinking about Etihad? What are the chances that you will go out there?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Gen,

Not sure. Lots of road between right now and having to make that decision.

Just curious what the actual numbers are at other carriers for this thread.

At Alaska, if they furlough the 165 number it would go back to June 06'. I doubt there will be that many, but time will tell.

furloughs on the east side start Oct. 4th. 125 spread out from Oct. 2009 to April(ish) 2009.

Somewhere around 10 or 20 on Oct. 4th.

If they do all 125 then all of the street hires and PDT "pref interview" guys hired from late 2007 to the last class in June 2008 will be furloughed plus the bottom 10(ish) that came to MDA in fall of 2004.

Actually, east furloughs start September 4th, I would know because I am one of them.

sorry got my months switched - FWIW I know somone in the second or third to last class who is getting furloughed on Oct. 4th.

AA still has better than 1,500 out on furlough...the senior-most is an April 1996 TWA hire (though junior to hundreds of post '96 hires at AA), with about another 800+ TWA guys behind that person. And then there are natives behind the last TWA...

Furloughs haven't happened at AA though the threat of 200 is there. I hear that it's unlikely.

stlflyguy

Midwest: Furloughing 115 plus 35 already furloughed.
It will go back to Nov. 1999
One Capt. will be furloughed, and some Check airmen will sit right seat.

Actually, east furloughs start September 4th, I would know because I am one of them.

Did you know that your "union" USAPA cut a special deal, in total violation of the transition agreement? That deal will allow the 6 east guys that chose to go out west the ability to return East. Also, Did you know that USAPA and the Company have agreed to furlough 6 additional East pilots to make room for these guys?

The TA is clear on this. More fodder for the Class Action suit against USAPA and the Company. Geez, they're making this really easy.

Latest resources

Back