• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furloughs at Kalitta Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
World guys are normally pretty humble...must be new. Good luck to all those facing furloughs at Kalitta Air, hopefully things will change and save a few jobs.

Wow... A 747 Captain is making 100 grand a year!

Shouldnt you make like 2 to 3 times that being a widebody international captain and all?

This profession has gone down the crapper.

Get off of your high horse you little punk. World Captains don't make 2 to 3 times that either.

I'm sure your WOA coworkers are really proud of you:rolleyes:.....with your exemplary conduct and all.

Get off of your high horse you little punk. World Captains don't make 2 to 3 times that either.

I'm sure your WOA coworkers are really proud of you:rolleyes:.....with your exemplary conduct and all.

I don't see any evidence to suggest this guy is a WOA crew member.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Sorry to hear about any pilot losing his or her job especially around this time of year. My neighbors son is at Embry-Riddle where it cost 62k a year to become a flight instructor. Be thankfull you have a job and hopefully the new year will bring change in the right direction.

I don't see any evidence to suggest this guy is a WOA crew member.

Merry Christmas everyone!

for the record, I wasn't implying that World pilots are anything like him......if he is one. I have a couple of friends there and I gather that WOA has a great group of guys and gals

for the record, I wasn't implying that World pilots are anything like him......if he is one. I have a couple of friends there and I gather that WOA has a great group of guys and gals

No worries, I'm not trying to protect anyone. If a WOA pilot says something you or I don't like, game on. I'm just wondering why you think this guy is a WOA pilot to begin with. I have reviewed a few of his (weasel_lips) past post and I don't see anything that suggest he his. So I look for enlightenment.

Hi.

April, 2005:
New Job
Just got picked up by Kalitta. The way it looks now, it doesn't make sense to go back to Northwest, financially ($ or retirement), airplane (DC-9 vs. 747) or lifestyle (days off). And Kalitta seems to be a growing operation.

It's VERY hard to figure out where to go. You never know.

cliff
GRB

Hi.

April, 2005:

It's VERY hard to figure out where to go. You never know.

cliff
GRB

April 2005....

He is doing pretty well. Chances are, he may be a Captain getting displaced to the -400. Not a bad gig in this terrible economy.

Hi.

Any job at Kalitta is a great job now. I feel really bad for anyone getting furloughed at Kalitta, and all the other places, also.

cliff
GRB

Info from a current Check Captain at Kalitta. Things are going to get worst. Something about restrictions going into Europe and fleet down to less than 5 planes.

Latest resources

Back