• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furloughs at Kalitta Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think I am getting burnt out, because every day I wake up and someone else is laying off, someone else is shutting down, and another friend is wondering how they are going to feed their family. There are lots of people calling it quits with the aviation career these days. I'm starting to think they are the smart ones.

It doesn't matter how much you love flying if it makes everything else miserable.

Nobody ever said it was easy. This is the way aviation really is, in the light of day. It always has been.

For the crowd that rambled on and on about a pilot shortage...what say they now?

These cycles run regularly.

What a sad state this entire industry has become. I can look back at some great times, though. It's a shame it doesn't look so good going forward. Good luck to eveyone!

RV

I think I am getting burnt out, because every day I wake up and someone else is laying off, someone else is shutting down, and another friend is wondering how they are going to feed their family. There are lots of people calling it quits with the aviation career these days. I'm starting to think they are the smart ones.

It doesn't matter how much you love flying if it makes everything else miserable.

Heyas,

An old timer once told me "Son, don't fly for the airlines, it will ruin your love of aviation"

also

"Never do as a profession, what others do as a hobby" (ask any photographer about this)

Nu

Heyas,

An old timer once told me "Son, don't fly for the airlines, it will ruin your love of aviation"

also

"Never do as a profession, what others do as a hobby" (ask any photographer about this)

Nu

You are right, doing the mid-seventies I knew a few TWA and Pan AM pilots that never returned to the airlines or professional aviation for that matter, after being furloughed. One of them happen to be my auto shop teacher in high school, I learned more about life from him then how to change the brakes on an automobile. Watching the destruction of an industry is never easy, but it is the constant change of life's cycles.

What ever happened to do what you love and you will never work a day in your life? haha

Does this have any affect on little Connie? (Charters and Charters II)

Latest resources

Back