• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furloughs at Kalitta Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If I have to take a job at Southern to keep flying, I just assume give up flying. No thanks on the 40 day trips.
Good, because I F-ing hate whiners. :rolleyes:

I've been at Southern for over 3 years, and have never once pulled a 40 day trip... Even with having many of my monthly schedules running back to back.

Does it ever happen...? Yeah.

But with most things "Southern", your schedule is what you make of it. Most of the guys here that have been out that long, have done it on purpose to make $.

I have said it before, and I will say it again. Anyone working ACMI Cargo is going to take a lifestyle hit one way or the other... And the supposed advantages that people on here love to wave in our faces, seem kinda stupid when you bring them up in a thread about furloughs

Every ACMI outfit has it's pros and cons, and in the end, they pretty much even out to the same level of suffering... Bashing other airlines will not negate the fact that you are living the same crappy lifestyle Genius. :laugh:

That being the case, feel free to keep your opinion (of an airline you have not actually worked for) to yourself. You are no more an expert on Southern than I am on World, and I'm not talking trash about your outfit.

Work for Brown or Purple, and I'll believe how much "better" you have it over the rest of us Cargo Dogs... Otherwise you're just calling the kettle black pal.

Last edited:
Good, because I F-ing hate whiners. :rolleyes:

etc.

Southern Air is a good outfit with a strong business model and the deep pockets to back it up. They work their folks hard, no doubt. They also take good care of their folks. Most importantly for folks on this board, they will be hiring soon.

Once a again, soft landings to those affected by the Kalitta furloughs.

Latest resources

Back