Furloughs at Kalitta Air

Hocus Focus

Total Time
many
World guys are normally pretty humble...must be new. Good luck to all those facing furloughs at Kalitta Air, hopefully things will change and save a few jobs.

waka

Emasculating the Right
Total Time
4?
Wow... A 747 Captain is making 100 grand a year!

Shouldnt you make like 2 to 3 times that being a widebody international captain and all?

This profession has gone down the crapper.

Get off of your high horse you little punk. World Captains don't make 2 to 3 times that either.

I'm sure your WOA coworkers are really proud of you:rolleyes:.....with your exemplary conduct and all.

dutch747

Total Time
Get off of your high horse you little punk. World Captains don't make 2 to 3 times that either.

I'm sure your WOA coworkers are really proud of you:rolleyes:.....with your exemplary conduct and all.

I don't see any evidence to suggest this guy is a WOA crew member.

Merry Christmas everyone!

nerdpilot

Total Time
Sorry to hear about any pilot losing his or her job especially around this time of year. My neighbors son is at Embry-Riddle where it cost 62k a year to become a flight instructor. Be thankfull you have a job and hopefully the new year will bring change in the right direction.

waka

Emasculating the Right
Total Time
4?
I don't see any evidence to suggest this guy is a WOA crew member.

Merry Christmas everyone!

for the record, I wasn't implying that World pilots are anything like him......if he is one. I have a couple of friends there and I gather that WOA has a great group of guys and gals

dutch747

Total Time
for the record, I wasn't implying that World pilots are anything like him......if he is one. I have a couple of friends there and I gather that WOA has a great group of guys and gals

No worries, I'm not trying to protect anyone. If a WOA pilot says something you or I don't like, game on. I'm just wondering why you think this guy is a WOA pilot to begin with. I have reviewed a few of his (weasel_lips) past post and I don't see anything that suggest he his. So I look for enlightenment.

atpcliff

Total Time
Hi.

April, 2005:
New Job
Just got picked up by Kalitta. The way it looks now, it doesn't make sense to go back to Northwest, financially ($ or retirement), airplane (DC-9 vs. 747) or lifestyle (days off). And Kalitta seems to be a growing operation.

It's VERY hard to figure out where to go. You never know.

cliff
GRB

OrionFE

Total Time
Hi.

April, 2005:

It's VERY hard to figure out where to go. You never know.

cliff
GRB

April 2005....

He is doing pretty well. Chances are, he may be a Captain getting displaced to the -400. Not a bad gig in this terrible economy.

atpcliff

Total Time
Hi.

Any job at Kalitta is a great job now. I feel really bad for anyone getting furloughed at Kalitta, and all the other places, also.

cliff
GRB

Classicdriver

Total Time
5000+
Info from a current Check Captain at Kalitta. Things are going to get worst. Something about restrictions going into Europe and fleet down to less than 5 planes.

Victor Meldrew

I dont bloody believe it!
Total Time
Enough
Info from a current Check Captain at Kalitta. Things are going to get worst. Something about restrictions going into Europe and fleet down to less than 5 planes.

He maybe talking about the new Stage IV noise requirements that come into effect in the EU. Carriers must have 20% of their fleet Stage IV compliant to operate in the EU. Therefore with 2 -400's which meet stage IV, that would allow 4 -200's.

unwashed

Total Time
500+
He maybe talking about the new Stage IV noise requirements that come into effect in the EU. Carriers must have 20% of their fleet Stage IV compliant to operate in the EU. Therefore with 2 -400's which meet stage IV, that would allow 4 -200's.

2 of 10 is 20%, 2 400's and 8 classics and I believe it is only 15% of your fleet in 2009