Furloughs at FLOP's????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The specific company is not relevant.

I've addressed this ad-nauseum, but I'll do it again. I'm in a management position (with no direct reports due to what I specialize in) at a Part 121 international carrier, but have worked from 135 on-demand, 135 scheduled, 91k fractional (before and after the rules went into place) commuter (back when a commuter was really a commuter), regional and legacy.

Interest in Fracs? I worked on a lot of the rulemaking on 91K and I like the business model. I feel that union infiltration is premature within the model. As a result, there will be negative long term effects on it which in turn will cost pilots jobs. Young pilots that have not previously been burned by unions don't understand the overall negative effects that unions have on an industry. These new guys drink the union kool-aid and are more wound around the short term paycheck than the long term financial health and stability of the company.

I don't bash unions. I give the exact same opinions that 95% of company leadership feels when running a carrier with a union in it that they won't admit to or say out loud because it's not politically correct. I was muzzled before when I was working in a union environment, but I'm not now and can openly express my opinions, something company leadership with unions on the property can't.

There are basics that never change when running a company in a union environment that union members don't understand because they have never seen the dark side of unions.

Blah blah blah. You have just given me a bunch of vague companies that sound like this one or that. All which give you no expert opinions like you claim to have on unions or the fractional industry.

Grab your balls and actually say who you work for. Till then your just some 12 year old on the computer.

So till then you're just a kid playing world of warcraft. Good luck with that.

Guys, I will be upfront and say who I work for. I actually work for a textile manufacturing company located in South Bend, Indiana. What we actually manufacture is not important, but I have worked for manufacturing companies involved in auto parts, jigsaw puzzle pieces, blow-up dolls, and sprinkler heads. I just happen to make every single one of my posts in the fractional forum about unions because I have a passing interest in aviation and like the idea of being a professional pilot.

(wow that was pretty easy to say! I'm so glad B19 came out with 100% honesty too ;) )

hahaaa you sound like publishers. :)

No I don't have 3000 hours of international PIC time

Who has a requirement of 3000 hours PIC international time?

Cmon B-19????

I'll have to look into that?

I do have 600 hours of Combat time, 400 of imminent danger and about 600 of Night Vision Goggles.

You Mr. Top Gun?

What I found so far for Bob 19!

Looks like Jet Blue is going Union?

Looks like Airtran is going union?

I thought these companies were doing good?

Did they just arbitrarily decide to go union?

Or is management "doinking" them? IIIIIIII wonder?

Why Bob why????

The specific company is not relevant. Not to your employees.

I've addressed this ad-nauseum, but I'll do it again. I'm in a management position (with no direct reports due to what I specialize in) at a Part 121 international carrier...
THAT is a lie.

management are the ones that lie. They steal money from the company and employees. Managers would tell you one thing, then take your salary and not even give you a reach around.

Uniions prevent this by making sure management don't cheat, steal and lie. Which of course, is a fact. Just watch the news.

Unions should be a requirment for business.....it's the only way to survive.

Latest resources

Back