• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furloughs at ASA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When Skywest loses flying they have been keeping aircraft and performing "at risk" flying. I guess it's easier to just turn our planes in or hand them over to another carrier. I'd like to hear management's plan for the future Super Regional, does keeping labor numbers thin and performance down achieve success?

If it were only that simple. The geography of the western US makes their at risk more feasible than ours would be. Places like Elko, Nv will probably generate enough demand to remain at least a little bit profitable since they are so far from alternative airports. On the other hand people in Albany and Valdosta will just drive to TLH when Delta pulls out and puts a mad dog in to replace our 700. The cities that might generate enough revenue to support at risk flights, Brunswick and Ashville, delta would never give up. Eventually skyw will run out of at risk cities.

Last edited:
I agree with your post but it doesn't cost 30k to train esp just on a new aircraft over here. We have a nice training center, own the sims, and have instructors on staff.

I'm sure the nice training center, sim leases/mortgage/operating expenses, and that of the training pilots amounts to nothing, right?

all i know is I don't want to heart any more crap about the express jet guys being too militant! I am an ASA guy.. definitely NOT a union chest pumper, but i am tired of hearing that express jet guys are being unreasonable while they hire, skywest hires and we furlough.

Now there's talk of TRANSFERRING ASA aircraft to Skywest for US Air flying?

This place is officially burning down around us while we attend Aceypalooza and get TFAYD memos

And new-hires are being told they can go to the erj now or the CRJ in Apr. Skywest mgmt are business men and they're not going to let emotions keep them from turning a profit again. Especially after making the emotion-based decision to buy Expressjet. It's bad biz to let a company burn when it has potential to make money. Remember, flight ops mgmt is in full contract negotiation mode now and will be full of misinformation until a contract is signed. It's contract 07 all over again. They'll be good cop bad cop until this is all done.

Remember, flight ops mgmt is in full contract negotiation mode now and will be full of misinformation until a contract is signed. It's contract 07 all over again. They'll be good cop bad cop until this is all done.

Pilots, flight attendants, dispatchers and mechanics are all on the table for negotiations. You better believe they won't let the truth get in the way of a sob story if it helps them negotiate a concessionary contract.

Latest resources

Back