Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Counselair

"He said member..."
First, I would like to say I'm sorry to all those that this is applicable to, myself included. However, here is a small bit of good news that you might not know about. Check with your state office.

Counselair

Temporary Extended Unemployment Compensation
for Displaced Airline and Airline-Related
Workers (TUC-A)

On April 16, 2003, federal legislation was enacted that created additional Temporary Unemployment Compensation benefits (TUC-A) for displaced airline and airline-related workers who are unemployed or working part-time as of or after April 20, 2003. The legislation is very specific in that it is only available to individuals who:

• Worked for:
1. an airline carrier (for example, Continental Airlines, United Air Lines, etc.), or
2. a business operating at an airport (for example a restaurant, gift shop, newsstand, parking facility, hotel, etc., that was physically located on airport grounds) or, if offsite, a business related to the airport, or
3. a business that provides products, supplies or services to an airline or to an airline supplier for use by an airline (for example a manufacturer that provides airplane parts to an airline or a catering service that provides food to a supplier who then provides the food to an airline); and
• Were laid-off due to:
1. reductions in airline service as a result of a terrorist action or security measure, or
2. a closure of an airport as a result of a terrorist action or security measure, or
3. the military conflict in Iraq and
• Exhausted all benefits on a regular and TUC unemployment claim (the regular claim must have been based, in whole or in part, on the employment and reason for separation described above) and have no entitlement to a new unemployment claim.

Individuals who meet all of the program requirements may be eligible for up to 39 weeks of additional benefits (150% of the maximum benefit amount on the regular claim or 39 times the weekly benefit rate, whichever is less). The TUC-A claim must be dated no later than December 21, 2003. Benefits may be claimed on TUC-A claims, dated December 21, 2003 or earlier, through January 1, 2005.

The New Jersey Department of Labor will mail applications for TUC-A benefits to all individuals who have exhausted their current extended benefit claim. Future TUC-A benefit applications will be mailed to all individuals after their TUC claim is exhausted. If you believe you meet the qualifications for this special program, please complete the application and return it to the address shown on the form.

NOTE: Although all individuals will receive a TUC-A application after their TUC claim is exhausted, only those who meet all the TUC-A qualifications are eligible for the program.

If your TUC-A claim is determined to be valid, the benefits you received on your TUC claim will be reduced from your TUC-A maximum benefit amount (MBA).

Example: The maximum benefit amount payable on your TUC-A claim is $18,798. You have already received $6,266 on your exhausted TUC claim. The amount you are eligible to receive on your TUC-A claim is reduced to $12,532.

Thanks for the info

Great info!

I exhausted the last of my benefits last week. Thanks again!

72Longhorn

Anytime Chum,

Mine ran out last month. This is a God send.

Happy Hunting and Good Luck,

Counselair

Latest resources

Back