Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furloughed then free type... which type do you get?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know quite a few people used this program to get types after 911, I heard that it is now much harder to receive money for a type given the dismal results that others had in landing a job. (IE think you need a letter from an employer stating they will hire you if you have such and such qualification)

The CE-500 rating covers the 500, 501, 550, 551,
S/II, Bravo, V, Ultra, Encore and Encore+.

CE525s covers the CitationJet, CJ1, CJ2, CJ3 and will cover the CJ4.

CE560XL covers the Excel and Excel+.

CE650 covers the Citation III, VI, and VII.

CE680 covers the Sovereign.

CE750 covers the Citation X.

LR-JET covers the Lear 24, 25, 31, 35, and 55.

LR-45 covers the Lear 40 and 45.

LR-60 covers the Lear 60 and the 60XR.

The 500 type would be good to have then.

I'm only familiar with the 680 and 750.

Depends on who you know of course, but as someone with a hawker type, the jobs are damn near endless-it's still the most common mid-size jet out there (there are more citations overall, but only some fall under the mid-size class). If you don't have one, HS125 is a great type.

Since I have one, I'd get a DA2000 or DA50.

For the sake of argument, suppose you did get furloughed from the regional world and paid for a new corporate jet type.

Does just having the type really make you competitive? After all, you could go out an buy a A320 type, but I'm not sure how viable that would make you as an A320 candidate because you wouldn't have any actual time on the airplane.

Just curious. I think this is why most states quit paying for type retraining.

For the sake of argument, suppose you did get furloughed from the regional world and paid for a new corporate jet type.

Does just having the type really make you competitive? After all, you could go out an buy a A320 type, but I'm not sure how viable that would make you as an A320 candidate because you wouldn't have any actual time on the airplane.

Just curious. I think this is why most states quit paying for type retraining.

I think with airline turbine experience, a good attitude, and a hawker or citation type you could get a job. Networking would be key...I have a number of friends in corporate who could get me a job even without a type on short notice.

Are you sure it didn't say they would pay for you to learn how to type so you could get a job? JK

Yeah.... LOL... Office assistant program costs $10,000, but you do get typing, 10 key, and speech articulation training!!

Thanks for the link, about the only thing that applies in my state is helicopter training or the local university!

BRING THE FURLOUGH!

Latest resources

Back