Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Brasilia Pup

Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Remember when we contributed our money to help pay for the furloughed pilots healthcare courtesy of ALPA? Ask any furloughed pilot how much money they received from ALPA. The one I talked with said he received $3.00, months AFTER he was recalled! Makes you wonder what happened to the rest of the money. "ALPA retreats to Vegas or Orlando"?

True, every one I've talked to say they never received a dime. It's time for us to demand an accounting. I wonder how bad things will finally have to get before we finally recall our MEC?

You need to change the misleading title. YOUR airline's ALPA unit might not have helped YOUR furloughed pilots with healthcare contirbutions as they told YOUR pilot group but that does not apply to all of ALPA. When we had furloughed pilots, my airline's ALPA unit helped out greatly with Cobra payments.

Everyone wants to blame or bash ALPA as the bad guys when it is THEIR elected leadership that makes the decisions for their airline's pilot group. You have no one to blame but yourself. Don't like what your MEC is doing? Get involved.

How many of our pilots actually sent the money in? I didn't as I was up to my f(beep)cking eyeballs in debt.

How many of our pilots actually sent the money in? I didn't as I was up to my f(beep)cking eyeballs in debt.

That was smart on your part to not send it. I wish I hadn't and sure learned a lesson. But I think most did since ALPA National did the billing and would change your status to "not in good standing" or something like that. Makes the whole issue even that much more deplorable.

Last edited:
You need to change the misleading title. YOUR airline's ALPA unit might not have helped YOUR furloughed pilots with healthcare contirbutions as they told YOUR pilot group but that does not apply to all of ALPA. When we had furloughed pilots, my airline's ALPA unit helped out greatly with Cobra payments.

Everyone wants to blame or bash ALPA as the bad guys when it is THEIR elected leadership that makes the decisions for their airline's pilot group. You have no one to blame but yourself. Don't like what your MEC is doing? Get involved.

I'll grant your point and say you're 90% correct. We certainly have some work to do here at ASA. But ALPA National was involved in this scenario.

I never paid a dime and they sent me a $3.34 refund check after all our pilots were recalled. By buddy never paid and got $20 back! lol

I never paid a dime and they sent me a $3.34 refund check after all our pilots were recalled. By buddy never paid and got $20 back! lol
Awesome. I paid it all and received nothing back. Excellent.

True, every one I've talked to say they never received a dime. It's time for us to demand an accounting. I wonder how bad things will finally have to get before we finally recall our MEC?

You must have ESP. Please send out THAT ballot!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back