• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furloughed - Now Where? Need Advice...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
try the job sites....climbto350, AEPS, planejobs, etc....
There have been several jobs posted for Van Nuys, Burbank, and it seems that Jetsource in Carlsbad is always looking for people.

Good luck, I know I'm getting good at this getting furloughed thing....4 times and counting

Baja:

I think your doing the best thing by showing your face around the local airport. Get out there and network with the corporate guys that come through and get to know the locals. I think most people in the corporate world would tell you, its not what you know, its who you know. I would try and get on with a part 91 operator, having said that, it is easier said than done but your qualifications and experience will definately help you. In the meantime, I would look around and see if you cant find a charter gig or something of that nature to keep you on the scene. Sooner or later you'll get your break! Best of Luck Tim and welcome to the Corporate Board!

Thanks all for the tips and leads - I've actually had a flightinfo guy call and offer some right seat time in a Westwind. Hope it pans out. Still working my local field and also hitting up the fractionals. Going to start a new thread to see if anyone needs a right seater in the So Cal area.

Thanks again!!

Going2Baja,

Are you a former Scenic pilot? I saw the DHC-6 in your profile and know a lot of Scenic guys went to SkyWest. NetJets has an LAX gateway according to their website and I've heard they hire a lot of ex 121 folks. Good luck in the job hunt.

Hi Dave - I was a Scenic pilot for all of a month and then got my first furlough immediately following IOE. The good news was that they also owned Grand Canyon Airlines and I was transferred there for the 5 month flying season. Very fun time and great flying. Almost all the guys I flew w/ at Scenic went to Sky West, was a nice training ground.

Just got the Net Jets appl, and should have it out by the end of the week.

Latest resources

Back