Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furloughed Flexjet pilots recall rights extended to five years.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lets not forget the FO's taking OT as well. I have come across several 300 crews where both the captain and fo were taking OT. The bottom line is that people are going to do what they feel they need to do to take care of their family.

With as many calls from scheduling for overtime, I can't possibly see more furloughs period. Oh yeah, thanks all of you captains out there taking all the OT you can. I bet our furloughed guys really appreciate it. I know, you need the money... blah blah blah, rant off

So you are saying a signed contract between an employee and his/her company has less value then a contract negotiated between a union and company?
Pull your head out of your butt please so you can smell how full of sh!t you are.

When said contract has a clause stating it can be modified by the company at anytime, then yes....that is exactly what he is saying.

Lets not forget the FO's taking OT as well. I have come across several 300 crews where both the captain and fo were taking OT. The bottom line is that people are going to do what they feel they need to do to take care of their family.

Taking care of their family doesn't make them special, that's why almost all of us work (I'm sure there are a few that fly because of the "glamour" and crew meals). Having to rationalize their sense of entitlement sure gets tough in a downturn.

Upfront, I do not do overtime.....period. That being said due to sh!^^y airline plans on go gome days I have had three, thats right three OT days because the company couldnt get me home on day last. That has happened in the last month alone. Also, because of sim scheduling I had to work an extra day to complete re-current. I would never volunteer to screw a buddy on furlough over, and I mean absolutely never. It seems like things are starting to pick up, but take that with a grain of salt, it is only my opinion. That being said, I would venture a guess that re-calls may not be as far away as we are being led to believe. However this pans out, you can rest assured that the company will be scrambling to re-crew aircraft, as they will operate as lean as possible until they can no longer do so. I really dont mean to badmouth Flex. After all business is business and we are all just pawns in the game. For the most part, this is an incredible group of people to work with. However, if you are out there picking up OT on your own time, you are a ********************bird, plain and simple. We all want to have a successful carreer, but c'mon, are you willing to sell out for it? Good thoughts to each and everyone of you. Do the right thing, it will come back.......

If today's level of activity (and charters :angryfire) keeps up, I would have to believe there will be some recalls soon.

Last edited:
If today's level of activity (and charters :angryfire) keeps up, I would have to believe there will be some recalls soon.

Not a chance! In 2007 the amount hours flown on busy days, where just about even with the hours flown in 2008. One big difference is that we flew all those hours in 2008 with more pilots and airplanes on property. Now the pilot count today is pretty close to the pilot count ending 2007.
Considering this crappy economy and been very optimistic that their forecast hours expected to fly on this upcoming holidays, are the same compared to 07/08, I think they have just enough crews to cover their ends…….. No recalls but No furloughs either……. I think their prediction can only go as far six months from now. We probably have to wait till the next fiscal year when new reports are due to the big mama (Bombardier).

Don't you expect to see a return to 16 day lines prior to recalls?

I'm not expecting to get a phone call before October 2010.

I hedge my bet on mid 2011 call back, that is if Fred hasnt sold it off by then... but I see one CL60 going to France and one CL60 coming back from Spain right now on flight aware, impressive.

Latest resources

Back