Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furloughed Flexjet pilots recall rights extended to five years.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh... well, that's good. Hopefully I heard wrong then.

Maybe that's why they made the "agreement" only valid for two years. :rolleyes:

Well, let be clear. I was told "yes" to longevity credit for sicktime, 401K, and vacation BUT TC did not know at the time of our conversation as to weather or not the credit would apply to pay. That's why I asked what you had heard. SO, it's entirely possible that we go back at year 1 pay, but get 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year credit(wherever you fall) for vacation, sicktime, and 401K non-elective contribution. If that in fact became the scenerio, I could see it becoming an HR/payroll nightmare.

With as many calls from scheduling for overtime, I can't possibly see more furloughs period. Oh yeah, thanks all of you captains out there taking all the OT you can. I bet our furloughed guys really appreciate it. I know, you need the money... blah blah blah, rant off

These overtime days you speak of, are they paid at the regular daily rate since they're taken voluntarily, or are they actually paying the overtime daily rate? I'm assuming it's the regular daily rate. YES/NO?

These overtime days you speak of, are they paid at the regular daily rate since they're taken voluntarily, or are they actually paying the overtime daily rate? I'm assuming it's the regular daily rate. YES/NO?

Its paid at the overtime daily rate

I've turned down three OT days in the past three weeks.

Please, hold the applause. Please. No, seriously.

This is based on what information?
Just my own opinion. I have no reliable sources or inside info. The fact is new sales are way down and owner flying is still off by about 14%. I hope I'm wrong because I'm getting very close to the bottom and I can feel the draft.

And owners are still leaving-some are going to cheaper avantair, and others to cheaper charter. avantair's record growth is coming from somewhere.
http://www.flightglobal.com/article...pansion-plans-as-avanti-deliveries-climb.html

NBAA 09: Avantair sets out expansion plans as Avanti deliveries climb
By Kate Sarsfield

Avantair took delivery at the show this morning of its 55th Avanti twin turboprop and announced plans to expand its regional network to cater for the soaring demand for its fractional and charter card programmes.
Avantair has established fixed-base operations and maintenance facilities at Clearwater in Florida, Caldwell, New Jersey and Camarillo, California and is establishing similar ventures in Texas, the upper Mid-West and the Bahamas.
Avantair is set to take delivery of nine Avanti IIs this year and up to 11 in 2010, said company chief executive Steve Santo at the show. "We have a further 52 aircraft on order which will delivered over the next four years," he said.

While share sales at the top four fractional programmes have fallen during the economic downturn, Avantair has seen its numbers soar, driven by the Avanti's understated appeal, versatility, low emissions and operating costs, said Santo.
Fractional and card sales in July and August alone smashed the company's forecast for the period.

Yeah, agreements like that are not worth the price of the piece of paper they are printed on.

But it does give the weak mind a false-sense of security. And that is all mgt cares about in instances like this.

So you are saying a signed contract between an employee and his/her company has less value then a contract negotiated between a union and company?
Pull your head out of your butt please so you can smell how full of sh!t you are.

Latest resources

Back