• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furloughed flexer's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My family and I decided the furlough was the best thing to happen to us. I've been away from my wife and kids for too many years. Missing more than half of their lives. Flying is just not worth it. I started a landscaping business and I'm home every night...this is bliss!

My family and I decided the furlough was the best thing to happen to us. I've been away from my wife and kids for too many years. Missing more than half of their lives. Flying is just not worth it. I started a landscaping business and I'm home every night...this is bliss!

Are you hiring?

I hear ya. I've been spending lots of time with the family. I love being home with the kids. I'm doing contract work now and if it works out I might not have to sleep in hotels anymore unless it's for fun.

BTW... if you're in Dallas give a a pm I need help with the grass.

Where have y'all ended up? I went back to what nature seems to have intended for me ... flying big boxes in small planes for smaller money.

BTW... since I got furloughed I called my credit card companies and tried to furlough them and they laughed at me. Any advice on bankrupcy verus just not paying for a while until I'm back on my feet.
BK should be the absolute last choice. Most employers will pull a credit check on you and that could get you weeded out. Try Consuer Credit Counsleing. I think they will work with your creditors and arrange a payment plan. I think they charge you on a sliding scale.

Keep your head up guys! As bad as it seems now, it could always be worse. Hopefully this economy will get turned around and we can get you all called back. Hang in there.

Keep your head up guys! As bad as it seems now, it could always be worse. Hopefully this economy will get turned around and we can get you all called back. Hang in there.

Thanks man. It would be nice to get an update from the company at least. A call from the ACP or letter wouldn't cost much, oh well.

Thanks man. It would be nice to get an update from the company at least. A call from the ACP or letter wouldn't cost much, oh well.
I agree with you. The ACP's should do a better job of communicating what's going on to the furloughed guys. We just had an all hands meeting on the 25th, but nothing earth shattering was put out. Owner flying is still down about 15%.

I agree with you. The ACP's should do a better job of communicating what's going on to the furloughed guys. We just had an all hands meeting on the 25th, but nothing earth shattering was put out. Owner flying is still down about 15%.

Well, if that is true, then our flying is a little better than NJ. According to Santulli's last interview couple weeks ago with MSNBC, their flying is down 26% against the overall industry of 30%.

To answer first question, I got the military to take me back.

To answer second question, there are ways to deal with the debt without bankruptcy. The problem with debt reappearing comes about if you literally do nothing. If your finances don't let you pay anything know, one option would be to ignore them for about six months - then go back to them with a cash offer to settle. Word to the wise: don't offer to settle unless you have CASH to make a lump sum payment. Don't give them access to your checking account - send money orders only. Make sure you get an agreement in writing. After 6 months of no payments, you can probably settle for about 50% of the original amount (ignore the interest and penalties they keep adding). This dings the credit rating, but not as much as ignoring it or going bankrupt.

Check out www.daveramsey.com for professional advise on getting out of debt. His system has changed alot of lives.

I was going to offer similar advice.

Here's an article I came across a couple of weeks ago discussing settlements with credit issuers.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/16/y...p=1&sq=credit card settle half balance&st=cse

Latest resources

Back