• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furloughed Eagle Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A part of me says that it is ridiculous to work for such low wages as an FO on a 50 seat jet ... And even more ridiculous to make the same wage to fly a 70 seat jet. My own personal revolt I guess.

NRHPilot said:
nimtz,
There is no jet pay difference for an FO on the 135/140/145. There are two pay scales here JET FO and Turboprop FO. That is all we get.

That's my mistake then. I thought I remember my buddy at Eagle saying both captains and fo's had seperate pay for the three different hulls. We have it at Xjet for the 135/145, but only for captains. We hate it so much that I can guarentee it's high on the agenda to be ridden of during compensation talks.

As for the same pay for the 50 vs. 70, my feelings on that have been well documented on this forum. Collectively too many of us have taken this 'regional means long-thin flying that cannot support those pay rates' arguement and let management shove it right up our *ss. Seventy seats is mainline flying period!

Yes it's crap, but Eagle is not alone....I'm guessing on some of these but Air Wisconsin, CHQ, Skywest, and Mesaba (SF3 same as ARJ) I'm not sure about Mesa (but it would be no surprise).........all pay the same for flying a 50 or 70 seat jet. Some of these contracts ie Air Willy, Skywest, CHQ and Mesa are BRAND NEW.............how old is Eagles contract???? No love for F/O's, no surprise when the guys at the table usually aren't one. AD

Last edited:
Wisconsin just took a 7% paycut for the CRJs and a 9% cut for the BAe 146s, with a scale averaging system that's supposed to keep the pay above eveybody else's.

Yeah, the indexed averaging system works REAL well at Eagle, just ask anybody there.

There are scales in the new Wisconsin TA for 51-70 seats. Captains make more for going to the 70 seat from the 50 seater, but FOs don't make more until they go to the 146.

Eagle has that lovely 16 year contract with a LONG time left.... don't feel too bad guys, Wisconsin's new contract lasts until 2011...paycuts and all.

eaglefly said:
nimitz, the "weak ass MEC" you speak of was the one who concocted this deal in '97.

NOT the current one.

I hope things turn around as best possible for you guys. It's hurtful to all of us to have the largest regional unable to negotiate real wages/benefits until 2012. Hopefully what we do in negotiations helps your industry rate garbage. Your MEC did a good job of standing up to APA. I knew from day one they were only out to leave tread marks on your backs.

Most of the prop FOs would be really junior on the RJ. It's why they've all stayed on the props. The recalled pilots are serving out the remainder their new hire seat lock and are unable to bid the RJ. So some lucky recalls get CRJ ORD instead of ATR SJU.

I didn't bid the CRJ because there aren't enough lines. My thoughts are with a small number of CRJ's in ORD the lines will probably suck, so, I went to the ERJ. But then again the CRJ has two FA's, ah crap I never thought of that, to late now. Oh well, probaly better with just one anyway, less problems to deal with.

Thats why I bid the ATR....

Hey Eagle guys, just curious........

Had heard from an eagle f/o that upgrade for one of the bottom 180 f/o's will come by next summer and that eagle will be at 5000 pilots by 2006....could this be true? I thought with APA taking all new jet captain slots on additional orders for eagle aircraft that upgrades would run slow!

Thanks!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back