Furlough position

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ual727fo

I was wondering if anyone knew how many folks may be ahead of me in line if I were furloughed Jan 15 of this year.

Just trying to figure out how long the line is for future hiring out of the furlough agreement with Skywest and Mesa.

Thanks!

Randy

UAL727FO,

If I were in your position and wanted to go to DEN, I would try Skywest before Mesa. The deal both have with United is great, I wish our furloughs at Delta could have the same. I also have a friend at UAL who was furloughed very early on but still got a Dash-8 class with Mesa due to this deal, and he believes he will be DEN based. With the high number of RJs coming to both of these airlines, you could be an RJ CAPT for a short while before you go back to United---which wouldn't be a bad thing. Good luck.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: :rolleyes:

Thanks.

I do want to go to Skywest. I had heard that the last round of Skywest guys went only as far back as the July furloughees, so I was just wondering how many more classes it might take before I got a shot at it (somehitng I am extremely grateful for).

Randy

I figured it out. If anyone is interested, let me know - I have all of the numbers for each furlough date now.

Randy

UAL727f/o

Their is one part of the Skywest equation that you can not figure. The future furloughees will have dibs before you. So at the end of September when the company announces December furlough, these guys will have first choice. So its really hard to determine how junior Skywest will go.

The only thing I can say with some certainty, is 2001 and 2002 furloughees will probably never had a chance at Skywest.

iflyhigh

Well then maybe I have a chance since I was furloughed in 2003 :) .

I thought of that issue as well and realized that it will all depend on the future furlough numbers at UAL as well.

Thanks for the thoughts!

Randy

Thanks - but I'd take anything with Skywest at this point.

Right now, the agreements for the UAL furloughees are only with Skywest and Mesa.

Randy

Don't you guys have an " Affected Pilots List " ? USAirways is keeping an up to date list of all furloughees with their preferences of J4J positions and who went where.

Typhoonpilot

Latest resources

Back