Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DGdaPilot

Parrot Head Pilot
Anyone have any insight on different furlough mitigation techniques that have been successfully implemented?

Just curious.

Open time/JA ban, buyouts/early retirements of senior pilots, voluntary separation packages, extended military LOA, 1-2 year LOA for education or other employment, voluntary furlough, part-time lines, no-bid lines (monthly LOAs).

Feeding geezer captains rich and fatty dinners... lots of steak and the sort. If possible try and salt their coffee just before a their FAA medical.

Doing your job. Only your job. Watching the ensuing chaos unfold around you.

Leave the industry altogether....

But barring that, or eliminating the seniors above you, I cant think of anything...

We have lots of people picking up open time at SKW while the bottom ~400 are trying to justify having a job. Eliminating the rampant picking up of open time by senior line holders would be a good start IMHO.

We have lots of people picking up open time at SKW while the bottom ~400 are trying to justify having a job. Eliminating the rampant picking up of open time by senior line holders would be a good start IMHO.

...unless you fly the Bro. 85 hours awarded and damned if I couldn't drop a single thing. Figured my month was shot as it was and picked up some open time, putting me at about 100 hours for April. And I'm definitely NOT a senior lineholder.

Latest resources

Back