Furlough Mitigation Techniques

DGdaPilot

Parrot Head Pilot
Total Time
5:00
Anyone have any insight on different furlough mitigation techniques that have been successfully implemented?

Just curious.

BoilerUP

Citation style...
Total Time
1500+
Open time/JA ban, buyouts/early retirements of senior pilots, voluntary separation packages, extended military LOA, 1-2 year LOA for education or other employment, voluntary furlough, part-time lines, no-bid lines (monthly LOAs).

SpauldingSmails

Aboard the sloop.
Total Time
>7000
Feeding geezer captains rich and fatty dinners... lots of steak and the sort. If possible try and salt their coffee just before a their FAA medical.

regionaltard

seat lock
Total Time
90°
Doing your job. Only your job. Watching the ensuing chaos unfold around you.

dispatchguy

Dad is my favorite title
Total Time
NIL
Leave the industry altogether....

But barring that, or eliminating the seniors above you, I cant think of anything...

ehaecker

Tail Dragger
Total Time
Texa$
We have lots of people picking up open time at SKW while the bottom ~400 are trying to justify having a job. Eliminating the rampant picking up of open time by senior line holders would be a good start IMHO.

Goose Egg

Big Jens
Total Time
3k-ish
We have lots of people picking up open time at SKW while the bottom ~400 are trying to justify having a job. Eliminating the rampant picking up of open time by senior line holders would be a good start IMHO.
...unless you fly the Bro. 85 hours awarded and damned if I couldn't drop a single thing. Figured my month was shot as it was and picked up some open time, putting me at about 100 hours for April. And I'm definitely NOT a senior lineholder.