• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furlough Letters Being Sent out at CAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Furloughs are part of this industry. That is one reason to get your seniority number fast!

Back in the day it was very common for people to get furloughed once or twice or during seasonal furloughs.

Today, most pilots feel that they should never be furloughed. It sucks, but it is a reality of this business.

One of my friends waited to apply with CAL until mid 2007, he was hired early 2008. Furloughed last Sept. Why did he wait? Because he was comfortable at his previous regional job (crazy in my mind). I feel bad that he is furloughed, but he did choose to wait a while before he applied. Because of that he was hired at the back end.

In summary, furloughs are bad but they are reality.

Furloughs are part of this industry. That is one reason to get your seniority number fast!

That "furloughs are part of the industry" is about the biggest bunch of BS I've ever heard. Too many pilots think of lame assed reasons to justify bull******************** and that "part of the industry" stuff isn't going to work. It's just going to piss folks off even more. It's a weak d**k comment to make, and is an excuse that folks who have no interest in protecting flying until it affects them use to sit on their hands. STHU with that BS SFR.

I do remember when retiring at 60 was "part of the industry". I suppose you argued against TCAS, x,band radar, and GPWS being installed in passenger aircraft because it was "part of the industry" to fly around without it beforehand. You don't to tell folks that they are getting F'd over because it's part of the industry. Don't you think you are painfully and weak-fully stating the obvious? Do you go to your local hospice and tell patients there that they are dying because they have cancer? Do you tell them no need for cancer research because folks have always died from cancer?

If you want to justify your insensitivities you better look for a different way because your lame assed excuse won't cut it and I hope folks see right through that lame comment.

I know he posts on here to get a rise out of everybody but Sean will be bumped off the 757 on this next bid and reserve on the 737 is whole different animal. He will not have as much time to post on here.

I know he posts on here to get a rise out of everybody but Sean will be bumped off the 757 on this next bid and reserve on the 737 is whole different animal. He will not have as much time to post on here.

This news brightened my afternoon. Thank you.

I can't say that I'm amazed at how close it comes to the DOT vote to approve the UAL/CAL antitrust application. Wasn't the application even supported by the CALMEC? Your positions are simply being redirected - Outsourced in other words. How many actually took the time to rant to their lawmakers about the possibility of job losses with an approved ATI? I hope not just the 300+ joining me...

Haha...... once again I can get a rise out of this board anytime I feel like it.....

Chow....See you in 737 class bubba

It did not brighten mine... I am 1 number senior to Sean on the 757/767 in IAH..... Now, EWR or 737 IAH? Time to ponder(hopefully not going anywhere)

IAHERJ

Don't worry, we are not going anywhere. Most of the folks on here are doom & gloom types....

I love that VRF though!!!!! Either way, the 737 would have some better layovers, and finally, no more long haul int'l!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back