• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furlough coming up? Which would you do?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did the air ambulance thing in a C-550 when I was furloughed (though as PIC) you think you will be home every night... then the phone rings at 10 pm and you walk back in the door at about 7 am to possibly do it all over again the next night. I'd take a firm piston schedule (if it's daytime flying) over jet SIC.

Air Ambulance is the worst thing I have ever done in an airplane. It is always at night. It always goes to Canada. It is always a long duty period and your expected to fly home part 91. You will hate every minute of it, but will be too tired to care. I would take the lear job until I could find a job at Home Depot.

I had a phone interview a couple of weeks ago with Netjets and feel that it went pretty well. I imagine I will have the face to face interview in October and if all goes well maybe class in the first part of 09. This would definately be something to do in the meantime hoping that I dont fark it up with Netjets. At least if the Netjets gig doesnt pan out I would be looking at a type in the Lear pretty quick. I think I will take the Lear job.....if Netjets doesnt work out and the industry stays as is.....off to law school. Already got the LSAT out of the way. Thanks for the feedback!

I had a phone interview a couple of weeks ago with Netjets and feel that it went pretty well. I imagine I will have the face to face interview in October and if all goes well maybe class in the first part of 09. This would definately be something to do in the meantime hoping that I dont fark it up with Netjets. At least if the Netjets gig doesnt pan out I would be looking at a type in the Lear pretty quick. I think I will take the Lear job.....if Netjets doesnt work out and the industry stays as is.....off to law school. Already got the LSAT out of the way. Thanks for the feedback!

Back in 2005 I got furloughed from ATA. My biggest mistake in my furlough was accepting a job too quickly that wasn't a good fit for me.

So let me get this straight... if NetJets DOESN'T hire you, if you take either of your options right now you'd leave them both for law school? If NetJets DOES hire you, you'd leave them both for NetJets? Are you planning on leaving both options anyway? Perhaps you should be careful about burning the freight job bridge so quickly.

I don't know your family and financial situation, but it sounds to me like you should collect unemployment, enjoy some time off, and wait for NetJets to pan out. Hey, maybe you could study more for law school in the meantime or something!

If you have a family to support you need to be responsible and get a stable job to provide for your family.. ... Otherwise flip a coin

Latest resources

Back