• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Funny thing happend on the way to the hotel

pilotyip

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 26, 2001
Posts
13,629
Total Time
14000
Our cargo crews often share the hotel van rides from the airport to the hotel with other airline pilots. Pilots from our company normally ask the other airline pilots what is going on at their airline, are you hiring? how long have you been there? Etc. All of the normal questions to find out what is going on at that airline. Recently while sharing a ride with an unnamed major, the major pilot asked our pilot who they worked for and of course, they answered "USA Jet". The major pilot then asked are you hiring and can I give you a resume. Wow how times have changed
 

Gulfstream 200

Database Expert
Joined
Jan 21, 2002
Posts
4,574
Total Time
18,550
pilotyip said:
Our cargo crews often share the hotel van rides from the airport to the hotel with other airline pilots. Pilots from our company normally ask the other airline pilots what is going on at their airline, are you hiring? how long have you been there? Etc. All of the normal questions to find out what is going on at that airline. Recently while sharing a ride with an unnamed major, the major pilot asked our pilot who they worked for and of course, they answered "USA Jet". The major pilot then asked are you hiring and can I give you a resume. Wow how times have changed





:rolleyes: .
 

landlover

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 1, 2005
Posts
1,365
Total Time
5000+
pilotyip said:
Our cargo crews often share the hotel van rides from the airport to the hotel with other airline pilots. Pilots from our company normally ask the other airline pilots what is going on at their airline, are you hiring? how long have you been there? Etc. All of the normal questions to find out what is going on at that airline. Recently while sharing a ride with an unnamed major, the major pilot asked our pilot who they worked for and of course, they answered "USA Jet". The major pilot then asked are you hiring and can I give you a resume. Wow how times have changed

I hope that pilot of that major airline has a 4 year degree:D
 

Flyingdutchman

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 29, 2002
Posts
1,571
Total Time
today?
Funny..

Usually its me asking the van driver if his hotel is hiring drivers..

FD
 

FN FAL

Freight Dawgs Rule
Joined
Dec 17, 2003
Posts
8,573
Total Time
7,000+
Flyingdutchman said:
Funny..

Usually its me asking the van driver if his hotel is hiring drivers..
Maybe that's because the van represents the tyranny of evil men and the van driver represents the shepard or it could mean that the ride to the airport is the valley of the shadow of death and...
 

starvingcfi

CpApAwM
Joined
Dec 12, 2001
Posts
662
Total Time
4300
i've ridden with less than a handful of van drivers that didn't scare me in some way. it's unbelievable that these people drive these vans every day and still can't seem to get it right.

i kept us from getting broadsided in a snowstorm one day. f-ing guy didn't even see the car coming. i get to ride with that guy on a regular basis :rolleyes:
 

Flying Illini

Hit me Peter!
Joined
Mar 9, 2003
Posts
2,291
Total Time
6000
starvingcfi said:
i've ridden with less than a handful of van drivers that didn't scare me in some way. it's unbelievable that these people drive these vans every day and still can't seem to get it right.

i kept us from getting broadsided in a snowstorm one day. f-ing guy didn't even see the car coming. i get to ride with that guy on a regular basis :rolleyes:

...nice signature line. :eek: :pimp:
 

AA717driver

A simpler time...
Joined
Mar 27, 2003
Posts
4,911
Total Time
+/-13k
The Prussian said:
Now...where were we???!?

Anxiously hoping my wife gets home before the kids do... :eek: :D TC
 
Top