Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Funny SW did just call for interview, now what?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
2 cents on what I think is the "buy low, sell high" stock...

Right now people are passing Continental by for FDX, UPS, or SWA. For those guys who get hired in 2006-7, however...

IF you don't merge...
IF we don't suffer another major force majeur type event....

5-8 years from now those guys will be looking like the smart guys on the block. Retirements, growth....pretty solid company... And 3-5 years from now when EVERYONE stiff-arms SWA (slower growth) JB (slower upgrades) FDX & UPS (great jobs but pax contracts are catching up...), the guys who took at chance will look pretty smart. And the Continental interviews will then be a LOT harder than they are right now...

The SWA interview process makes the company seem very arrogant.

Why would you say something like that. You ever experience or hear about a UAL interview in the 1990s? "'Do you have what it takes to be a United Pilot?"

SWA/FO said:
Why would you say something like that. You ever experience or hear about a UAL interview in the 1990s? "'Do you have what it takes to be a United Pilot?"

nothing was as bad as the American Airlines stool sample!!!

They took your $hit? Tested it for what?

I wouldn't say getting a CAL interview is easy. I can't get called by any of them (or F9, Alaska, etc.) so I must really suck.

SWA/FO said:

It's just based on observations from this site and from talking to people who have interviewed there. At some companies, once you get the interview the job is yours to lose. Not so with SWA (from what I've heard), but I think that's just a natural result of the ratio of applicants to open positions.

And the copywrited 12 core values you need to be a member of the 'family'... Don't get me wrong - I'm a great employee and will do whatever I can to get the job done with a smile on my face, but this is business and we airplane drivers are standardized commodities. From the pilot's perspective, the 'family culture' only goes so far as the dependability of the paycheck we earn and our senority numbers.

threegreen said:
At some companies, once you get the interview the job is yours to lose. Not so with SWA (from what I've heard), but I think that's just a natural result of the ratio of applicants to open positions.
Your odds of your $8,000 Higher Power type rating doing you any good are significantly worse than if you laid that 8 grand on "black" at the roulette table.

They took your $hit? Tested it for what?

...they way they acted at the time, you'd think it was to see if it stunk. If if did not, you MIGHT get to be an AA pilot...

Latest resources

Back