Funny stuff on the radio...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
jknight8907 said:
They keep the gear from retracting. So, off goes Delta, only to have to make an expensive return to the airport when their gear mysteriously won't come up.

Okay, so they're designed and installed to prevent inadvertent gear retraction on the ground then?

Ive heard that some pilots place them on the seat so as to feel them as they sit to confirm their removal.

Well Amish, on my airline they were "Gear Pins" with a long(about 2 feet) red streamer attached to each one. The ramp guy that drives the tug unhooks the tug and then holds up the three pins to show you that they have been removed. When I flew fighters a long, long time ago, they actually had some sort of metal clamp contraption that went around each landing gear assembly. Never saw one on an airliner however.

Last edited:
Somewhere east of SAF on the east side of the mountains in "moderate" turbulence....

ATC: Everything below FL500 is going to be a rough ride.

Citation: ABQ center, what about the ride at 400-410, any smoother there?

ATC: As I said, everything below FL500 is going to be a rough ride and last I checked, that included 400 and 410.

I was coming home from Vegas a few weeks ago. In ABQ Center airspace a DHL flight checked on. The controller asked them what DHL stood for. He said it was the initials of the three guys who founded the company, but they called it Dooey, Huey, and Louie. Or Drugs, Handguns and Liquor.

Oldi but goodie, although not sure it is true:

Lufthansa is taxiing around at an airport, but stops on the taxiway.

Controller: "LH747, are you okay, do you need assistance"?
LH747:" No, we are okay, but we appear to be missing some passengers"!
Unknown voice: " Haf you checked zee ovens"!

Controller: "Cessna 123, say intentions"?
Studentpilot: " I want to be an airline pilot"!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back